Lt. Commander
# 21
06-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
[Foxnews'] commentary slants right of center
HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW!

You win the "Funniest Post" award this week. They're as close to the center as the tread on a tire. Great use of absurdity in this one!
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
it's from fox news...i doubt everything said there.^^
Didn't I see the IGN logo come up at the start of the clip, meaning the bit from Simon Pegg didn't come from Foxnews, they just got it from IGN and ran it
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370
HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW!

You win the "Funniest Post" award this week. They're as close to the center as the tread on a tire. Great use of absurdity in this one!
I have noticed that people who approve of Fox News generally assert that it is as "fair and balanced" as it claims to be, while the majority of people who disapprove of Fox News assert that it is considerably to the right of the center. Personally, I attribute this to different people having different notions of where the "center" is.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370
HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW!

Where as once again, you win the "Wow, calling you Captain Obvious would be a compliment" award this life.

The key word you left out from my quote was -----> "COMMENTARY" <----- Try learning it's meaning, sparky. FYI - People either lean right, attempt neutrality or lean left, hence "Right" of center. In other words, they (FOX) lean right from the center, like MSNBC leans left from the center. Actual news isn't right or left when the information is neutral - Hello?

Lt. Commander
# 25
06-10-2012, 05:37 AM
Here is what I told soldiers when I was training them to deal with the media: truth is an abstract concept. What is truth will be colored by personal point of view.

Here is a picture of a tree.
Foxnews: We are pretty sure Obama killed it.
MSNBC: We know Bush killed it.
EPA: This is proof of our destruction of the planet that the trees are all dying.

Truth: It's ****ing winter.

In any case, the video with Pegg was from a different organization. And even if it was from FoxNews, was anything he said political?
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-10-2012, 09:49 AM
^ LMAO - exactly this.

Lt. Commander
# 27
06-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I am glad. I liked lense flares.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh great, something to annoy me with.