Lt. Commander
# 31
06-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Good to hear transphasic torps are not a waste of time anymore. thanks for that.

Foundry

The changes to the layout are a little confusing at first but it should not not too long for players to work out whats what now. seemed an unnecessary change but i guess there is some logic behind it.

Using a cryptic map (The social zones) on the storyboard it allowed my to drag a kill encounter onto the map. As there are no kill encounters ever going to happen on a cryptic map, surely that should not be allowed to avoid confusing. In fact the cryptic map option is a little confusing. Perhaps namaing it social zone would be better?

the little 3D preview of an image is most welcome. you can zoom in and out and rotate it around to see what it is. I love that. thank you. the undine did not show up on the preview and targs are too close to the camera.

I had trouble placing a pop up first when the storyboard was empty. It seemed i needed to place a map on the storyboard first before it would l;et me go back and place a pop up before. its not a major problem but it was annoying and at first confusing.

I am a little worried that contacts no longer seem to have any wander options. I had used contacts to fill up the maps with some life. if they are static that will affect old missions and limit what we can do with them. I know it can be a pain to have a player give a contact some text and then have it move away from the player but I'd like to see wander added back in. EDIT - Problem solved on this one. the option is there just not as obvious at first glance.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Great news on Transphasic, thanks for the change. I have been useing a Transphasic torpdeo boat for years and at last its good.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-08-2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I am a little worried that contacts no longer seem to have any wander options. I had used contacts to fill up the maps with some life. if they are static that will affect old missions and limit what we can do with them. I know it can be a pain to have a player give a contact some text and then have it move away from the player but I'd like to see wander added back in.
Wander is there. You just have to change their behavior to "Legacy Contact for npc's or "Legacy Combat/True combat" for groups.

Also, the legacy options are missing their description; The mission search UI keeps saying search failed
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-08-2012, 04:33 AM
Just been on tribble, and

"Updated the bridge on the Odyssey to resolve some slight texture issues." (Aquarious bridge)

Still holes in mesh/textures and unfinished objects as well as the turbolift object you can view outside from front of the bridge looking at ready room and main turbolift.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-08-2012, 04:45 AM
a long standing issue as well but the new gorn and orion ships are listed but are now shown. the dragus fleet support ship and the dacoit fligt deck carrier for example are there but no costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy18 View Post
Wander is there. You just have to change their behavior to "Legacy Contact for npc's or "Legacy Combat/True combat" for groups.

Also, the legacy options are missing their description; The mission search UI keeps saying search failed
I see it now. it was not immediately obvious. thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-08-2012, 04:55 AM
There is an option on the storyboard where you can go to the top buttons on the left hand side. under mission there is a series of options such as add task -kill encounter or add task - talk to contact.

one of them was called add task - unlock door. i pressed it to see what happens and it crashed to desktop and my antivirus began scanning thinking it was a malicious program.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-08-2012, 05:02 AM
also i dont know if anyone has seen this yet but they updated the away team selection box when you beam down.

personally i love this addition. its minor but it looks great.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...0/AWAYTEAM.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
also i dont know if anyone has seen this yet but they updated the away team selection box when you beam down.

personally i love this addition. its minor but it looks great.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...0/AWAYTEAM.jpg
Ok, that looks cool
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
These foundry updates are excellent, and half of them aren't even in the patch notes:

Just to name a few:

You can now put titles over people's portraits in dialogue boxes.
Dialogue boxes and the mission description box now have character limit counters.
The map object limit is up to 475, with the building limit up to 64.
You can now sort your map objects by type, name, usage and unfinished task.
There's now 1 name for npcs and objects, instead of 1 name that only the author sees and one that the player sees.
That last item is the one I had a hard time explaining in the notes.
But I'll update my patch notes with the items you've put here. It's about a year's worth of code and bug fixes, so grabbing all the real changes that went in was a bit rough. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
That last item is the one I had a hard time explaining in the notes.
But I'll update my patch notes with the items you've put here. It's about a year's worth of code and bug fixes, so grabbing all the real changes that went in was a bit rough. Thanks!
Zero, do you know when the Foundry might be getting more assets? There are currently NO forms of turret models (period, not even a turret SKIN), the Sol System asset is the pre-Season 3 model, and we can't add Galaxy-Xs into anything (aside from reskinning a Typhoon). One of the missions I have planned requires a few of these, so I can't do it until they hit.