Lt. Commander
# 1 Science Rework Needed
06-07-2012, 07:18 PM
TLDR:Science is in a state of uselessness there are some skills that now have no use and lost most of their effectiveness whilst other skills are overly powerful. The balance seems to be lost on the cryptic team in what science should be.

For a while now our skill tree has been messed up worse then the rest as well as our skills receive nerf after nerf on some skills that where already to weak to use anyways.

What i am saying is cryptic fix the skills make them competitive and make clear cut defenses against them on other skills don't just nerf them for a lack of real ideas on how to balance them this game was alot of fun back in season 2 there was a close balance even then some balancing was needed.

But you went too far way too far
tactical got way to much a buff science got hit with much to large a nerfbat.The only ones that got left out where the poor engineers they have seen little help or nerf come there way.

this goes for all the other classes as well work with us to find a balance that works for this game please do not sit there doing what ever comes to mind to try and fix a problem that you may not understand.

Rant over.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Totally agree Mr Andy! Sci was definitely hit with the biggest nerf bat and then run over by the special needs bus. Don't make sci way over powered but at least make it useful!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Indeed, I mainly play Tac and for quite a while now I've felt that Sci has been way over nurfred, it's in need of some love to bring them into balance with the other classes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2012, 11:53 PM
TLDR:Science should be the ones who disable weaken their enemies and buff and heal allies but currently its a joke for them to do this noone needs their heals to survive not really and they can not do the rest of their job worth spit.

I understand there were certain skills that were overpowered however some of them that where fine the way they were have been hit so hard alongside the others its a joke really it has to be a joke.

gravity well damage is low and it can no longer hold anyone with more then 50 engine power let alone do enough damage past resists i mean come on 200 per second after resists for 20 seconds your lucky to keep them in range for maybe 2 ticks. same with tykens rift both work okish in pve but are jokes in pvp.

jam and other placates are just as useful as they ever were good situational however a couple need to be reworked to deal with current mechanics...

power siphon is the only one with a little omph behind it atm and mainly if being used by carriers resent changes make it a little less useful but still will disable a ship if not taken care of fast

tractor beams have lost alot of their sticking power que the running man music to the fact that anyone with 2-5 points in a certain skill can laugh them off

im not asking to be made overpowered all i want is to be competitive with cruisers at this point i find cruisers have close to the best balance in terms of their own job soak up damage.

tactical being the current overpowered pwnmobile that can tank and put out a lot of dps granted their job is dps but i do remember them to be glass cannons that dont survive without aid from science.
this is a mistake to allow it to continue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-08-2012, 03:27 AM
TL;DR doesn't that mean Too Long; Didn't Read? Shouldn't that be reserved for a single line post.

Personally I agree, Science needs to be rebalanced. But as for Gravity Well not doing enough damage, I couldn't care less about it's damage as long as it's hard to get out of it.

I think the way one gets out of a Gravity Well shouldn't be a special ability but putting all your power to engines. Does it make it easier to get out of, yes it does. But your no longer running full weapons or shield power and I don't think they are going to stop shooting at you. Oh and you shouldn't just fly out but it should be a real stuggle, think "I'm giving her all we got captain, but she canna take no more" as you slowly escape the gravity well.

Back at the start certain powers like Viral Matrix where instant kills, you ship shut down and if you didn't have a Sci Team you where dead in the water, but somewhere along the way they took it too far. Science should force people to adjust their power levels and things to compensate, perhaps give Science an ability to replace it's subsystem targeting. Subsystem hack, you redistribute the other ships power level to minimal power in the system you target.

Maybe a short system lock out before you manually reload your profiles.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-08-2012, 03:46 AM
the first paragraphs are the tldrs

as for all your suggestions i agree.targetsubsystems is one i didnt think about shows how often it actualy works

i played back in season 2 era of sci domination viral and a couple other skills needed to be toned down but gravity well worked properly back then so did tykens full engine power or a speedboost skill was the only way out but they changed it for what reasons i have no clue

science cant compete on the lines of damage or defence with any other class and in the current state of the game dps is the most important thing points to the need of more dps to keep up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy30
the first paragraphs are the tldrs

as for all your suggestions i agree.targetsubsystems is one i didnt think about shows how often it actualy works

i played back in season 2 era of sci domination viral and a couple other skills needed to be toned down but gravity well worked properly back then so did tykens full engine power or a speedboost skill was the only way out but they changed it for what reasons i have no clue

science cant compete on the lines of damage or defence with any other class and in the current state of the game dps is the most important thing points to the need of more dps to keep up.
Agreed - too many people saying that Science is worthless in STF's. They're wrong, but still....
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-08-2012, 05:25 AM
yes science has a crowd control roll in stfs but im refering to the fact that alot of skills for pvp sake are worthless or minimal effect at best grav well holds npcs well but it sure cant do didly about a real player like it used to.
Lt. Commander
# 9 We Need More Power!
06-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Science really needs an overhaul but to me I respectfully say that it seems everyone is talking around the real issue. I'm a trek fan first and a gamer a distant second. We're all supposed to be leaders, captains, admirals etc of our ship's crew and their assorted assets in space battle. Kirk didn't need to know how to (fill in the blank with your favorite ST techno babel) his crack SF trained team did. When Spock or any other person held the bridge they were fully in charge and capable to handle any battle. Any captain/admiral no matter what their career field is, should, at least in space battles, be equal in dealing out damage. Not just the red shirts. Ground combat would be different where an individuals various career skills would be used to better effect. It's easy to cruise through the solo missions and episodes and reach the STF levels only to find that your dead weight and a burden on the team effort in most cases.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Your points are well versed on the same idea each captain and shiptype should be able to do equal dmg in diffrent ways with only a 10-15% more dps then anyone else but right now its 50-60% more dps and they can tank onpar with cruisers realy cryptic?

P.S. a potential change is coming from tribble soon might make a certain torp build viable leaving extra points to enhance the currently weaker skills slightly will it be enough only time will tell let yall know what results come when i see them