Lt. Commander
# 11
06-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
As far fetched as it may be, I would hope an Iconion FE would involve some sort of time travel aspect in which the Romulans try to use Iconion gateway tech to travel back in time to restore Hobus and thus void the JJ effect on the Prime Universe and restore the Romulan Star Empire to what it should be.

One can dream.
Then the Federation or Klingon Empire smashes their dreams into the ground...
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-09-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Alternate suggestion

Romulan Intelligence has infiltrated the Iconians
Their new world has been located

Take a small assault force (of say three ships yourself and two comrades or two ships crewed by Npc's)
through the gateways to this home world and deal with the threat once and for all.

On arrival you open your sealed orders
you are to deliver a Genesis torpedo into the Iconians world killing them all.
Dilema can you as a star fleet officer Wipe out a civilisation older than Egypt?

The mission tree then branches
you can either follow orders (resulting in the destruction of the Iconians FOREVER as a viable force and proving correct their prediction of Starfleet exterminating them.

OR you can warn the Iconians leading to complex negotiations and diplomatic play And your court martial for disobeying orders in the cause of peace

Reward being option one you are trapped when the gateways close forever and have to come home the long way (ala Voyager in a series of say 40 missions with transwarp options disabled until you do)

Option two demotion to captain (skills unaffected) and NEVER getting back the title of admiral.

ya dig ?
See, some people ( not me) would object to never becoming an Admiral, but 40 missions is still a lot... But those consequences are very realistic, however.... However, where on the galaxy map are u if you kill them! How do you gain missions?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Map you know is 40 missions away
mission chain starts with your first officer saying something like

"Sir the planetary bombardment has been successful , I'm no longer reading any power use , but I can't rread the gateway either sir , I think we are stuck here"

then a cut scene of various dismayed npcs running about like headless chickens checking readings and terminals

then
"Sir we are a long way from home almost the far side of the quadrant, Astronomy place our most direct route as (insert small map of quadrant with line on it. ) but this whole area is unknown sir we dare not transwarp and we can't even risk full warp."

cue captain face palming cutscene

Then run first of 40 missions "the path home"
for the duration of these missions no fleet support , no mail , no banking .
Missions are sequencial and hard
Very hard
basically what voyager would have been if the producers understood logistics
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:

"Sir the planetary bombardment has been successful , I'm no longer reading any power use , but I can't rread the gateway either sir , I think we are stuck here"

then a cut scene of various dismayed npcs running about like headless chickens checking readings and terminals

then
"Sir we are a long way from home almost the far side of the quadrant, Astronomy place our most direct route as (insert small map of quadrant with line on it. ) but this whole area is unknown sir we dare not transwarp and we can't even risk full warp."

Very hard
the idea is not bad, but too long, much too long. 40 missions without going to ESD, mail, bank...is like a insatnt gameplay killer. Thats like 30h singleplayer without the option to pause it and go do PVP and stuff with friends and fleet.
is a plot maybe for a singleplayer game on its own. Buy elite force 1 and 2...basically covers that in a ground mission cenario. good games too, arguable even the best games out of the franchise, though not my favourites.

getting to know you as a "universal genius", i can understand why you think of the producers of voyager as incompetent at what they were doing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Voyager Crew were going to tesco as far as I can tell
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Somehow I can't think of much that would be more disappointing than an Iconian FE. Except for more Borg of course.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:

then

Very hard
Like Raudl said.., too long.... And they would have to create a whole new sector.. The whole bells-and-whistles just make it too hard.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
As far fetched as it may be, I would hope an Iconion FE would involve some sort of time travel aspect in which the Romulans try to use Iconion gateway tech to travel back in time to restore Hobus and thus void the JJ effect on the Prime Universe and restore the Romulan Star Empire to what it should be.

One can dream.
That is a fine and worthy dream!
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
There is WAY too much history with the Romulans to simply absorb them into the Federation and with all the possibilities with them trying to rebuild the empire and all that I wouldn't want them to be. The Romulans are a proud and resourceful bunch and while the destruction of much of the empire could "soften" them a bit they should not and never would become the Federation lap dogs.

The FED/KDF war will end and eventually a new alliance will form, the Cardassians are already federation now so that only leaves the Romulans as the last great stand apart from the rest. We need that diversity.
Romulans will NEVER join up with the Klingons.

THere's too much bad blood between the two races.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic
Romulans will NEVER join up with the Klingons.

THere's too much bad blood between the two races.
That's the only problem with my idea..... How do I say to Rommies become part of the KDF?