Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomatic Immunity rules?
06-08-2012, 02:17 AM
What are the rules on Diplomatic Immunity?

Just got it and I started doing some doff missions and when I looked back (maybe 1min later) it was gone?

Can someone remove it?
Is it a number of how many you can grant it to?
I mean if you have let's say 10 and you grant the 11:th one, does the first you granted get removed?
Confused!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-08-2012, 06:10 AM
There's two parts to DI: The buff and the passive ability.

When you get tier 3 in Diplomacy, you get both.

The passive ability always lets you enter the Klingon home sectors.
The buff allows you to temporarily give that ability to other people as well as a warp speed bonus.

If you have tier 3 diplomacy yourself, you can always enter Omega Leonis sector without the buff.

If you don't have tier 3 diplomacy, you need to receive the buff from somebody else. The buff will get you in, and you can stay there if it expires, but once you leave, you'll need the buff again to get back in.

You can put the buff on any number of people (limited by a short cooldown and its duration). You can't put the buff on yourself, but you don't need it to get in to Omega Leonis.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
There's two parts to DI: The buff and the passive ability.

When you get tier 3 in Diplomacy, you get both.

The passive ability always lets you enter the Klingon home sectors.
The buff allows you to temporarily give that ability to other people as well as a warp speed bonus.

If you have tier 3 diplomacy yourself, you can always enter Omega Leonis sector without the buff.

If you don't have tier 3 diplomacy, you need to receive the buff from somebody else. The buff will get you in, and you can stay there if it expires, but once you leave, you'll need the buff again to get back in.

You can put the buff on any number of people (limited by a short cooldown and its duration). You can't put the buff on yourself, but you don't need it to get in to Omega Leonis.
Thanx for your reply but I have been Ambassador for some time now and know the benefits of having DI, but i was wondering about the rules of applying/granting DI, the mechanisms.
Because one minit i had Di and the next I didn't.
From getting DI and loosing it under 3min.

Can I go around and grant everyone I see for, lets say two hours or is there a limit on how many people i can grant in a day (24h)?
How long does it work? 24,12, 6,3h?
Do you get a reduction if you enter a RA? (Very often loosing DI from completing Red Alert.)

No one seems to know....
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-08-2012, 08:42 AM
If you have the Diplomatic Immunity skill available, you can only use that to grant it to another player. This will give them the speed boost.

For yourself, you have a different type Diplomatic Immunity as a passive ability. That is to say, it is always on and cannot be turned on or off. There is no icon to indicate that you have Diplomatic Immunity on or off.

If you are looking for the speed boost/icon in your buff status tray, you need someone else to grant you Diplomatic Immunity. All that does, if you already have DI, is give you the speed boost.

You can grant someone DI every 15 seconds, I believe. There's no limit on how many you grant with it.

If you hover your icon over the ability, it should say that it will grant DI for 3600 seconds. Or, 1 hour.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
If you have the Diplomatic Immunity skill available, you can only use that to grant it to another player. This will give them the speed boost.

For yourself, you have a different type Diplomatic Immunity as a passive ability. That is to say, it is always on and cannot be turned on or off. There is no icon to indicate that you have Diplomatic Immunity on or off.

If you are looking for the speed boost/icon in your buff status tray, you need someone else to grant you Diplomatic Immunity. All that does, if you already have DI, is give you the speed boost.

You can grant someone DI every 15 seconds, I believe. There's no limit on how many you grant with it.

If you hover your icon over the ability, it should say that it will grant DI for 3600 seconds. Or, 1 hour.
Yeah he meant somebody gave it to him than it disappeared.

My only consideration is a Temporal Anomaly, some humans on the home planet Earth have been known to call this phenomena Server Lag.

Somebody gave you the Buff, the server or connection went funny and it undid a couple of things in the last few seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-08-2012, 11:14 AM
You can lose the DI if you change ships (and Raiding Party for that matter, which is the KDF equivalent)
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-08-2012, 07:09 PM
I am level 2 and i have been granted DI many times, i have visited Omega Leonis but i have not been able to enter any celestial body neither an gaseous anomaly, is it possible do do it?.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-08-2012, 08:09 PM
You're not able to enter any of the points on the map in Omega Leonis as a Federation player, to my knowledge. I haven't checked every one, but I assume that holds true for all of them.

You can enter the star clusters to the east and south of the sector, but I've yet to get a system to explore. It seems to be 100% anomalies for the Federation... which I suppose is nice if you wanna go on a crafting binge.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
You're not able to enter any of the points on the map in Omega Leonis as a Federation player, to my knowledge. I haven't checked every one, but I assume that holds true for all of them.

You can enter the star clusters to the east and south of the sector, but I've yet to get a system to explore. It seems to be 100% anomalies for the Federation... which I suppose is nice if you wanna go on a crafting binge.
Confirmed. You're right.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Cool, thanks a lot for the answer! , but i think it is very sad, i wanted to visit qo'nos and rura penthe