Lt. Commander
# 11
06-09-2012, 09:16 AM
I bought this around the time the game went f2p, mind you the price has been going up and down, but considering the RMC is like a poor mans EPS Power Transfer that anyone can use to was worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Onli...9258403&sr=8-1
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323
The capacitor can be used as follows:

1 per ship, FED or KDF

I have 1 on each of my FED and KDF ships.
Thank you, this is exactly what i wanted to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxml View Post
I bought this around the time the game went f2p, mind you the price has been going up and down, but considering the RMC is like a poor mans EPS Power Transfer that anyone can use to was worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Onli...9258403&sr=8-1
I just bought a copy at EB Games and it was only after getting home that i realised the top of the box said GameStop Exclusive! Enterprise starship included. So i guess i got a little extra bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Since batteries and the RMC have different cooldown durations, while in combat I'll use a weapons battery, then quickly open the inventory and swap in the RMC and then I only have to wait about 40 seconds instead of 2 minutes until I can boost power levels again. Then swap back to weapons battery after using the RMC.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-10-2012, 07:07 AM

I would like to see the RMC converted into a hyper charged starship battery for a major 500% power boost to both shields and weapons for about 90 secs.

Or make the RMC a perment power boost to all systems by about 50% to any starship that has the RMC installed on it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-11-2012, 02:42 AM
I checked it a few days ago, and in addition to boosting power levels for a short time, it also removes any debuffs that you may have been hit with, so in that case, i think it works better than the ship batteries or the eps transfer ability.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-11-2012, 06:44 AM
I personally think this little device is well worth the money.

To get the most out of it you'll want to spec into batteries - an extra 10 seconds of up time can come in real handy.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0qj View Post
Not to rain on your parade, but from personal experience, the RMC (Red Matter Capacitor) is just a very slight buff for a short period of time, and with a long cool down period...

Personally I was a tad disappointed when I first used it, my response was, "That's it?"
It ups all my power levels to 90 on my Bug and Defiant. The capacitor is freeking sweet. Espically with the skill tree rework with batteries, and the battery doff (the exocomp.)
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
It ups all my power levels to 90 on my Bug and Defiant. The capacitor is freeking sweet. Espically with the skill tree rework with batteries, and the battery doff (the exocomp.)
Totally gutted I missed that reward. *hopes they repeat it in the future*
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
Totally gutted I missed that reward. *hopes they repeat it in the future*
They've done it twice now, so it is a very good possibility.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-11-2012, 10:41 AM
I recently ordered the pack this comes in from here.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Trek-...PC-PC/13023345

1. You get the activation code from your box.
2. You log into your sto account on the website here. Not logging in to the game at all yet.
3. You go to support section of this site and click redeem key or better yet here is a direct link to it after you have logged into your account.

http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

4. Once it is confirmed you then log into the game itself. Click on the c store icon on your minimap then under the legacy unlocks section you will find this op awesome device under all your toons.

BIG HINT.

The starship batteries skill at tier one allows you to spec the duration of it. It's cheap to spec at tier 1

0 points = it's standard 20 seconds
3 points = 25 seconds
6 points = 28 seconds (I chose this one)
9 points = 30 seconds

On a side note the enhanced plasma manifold which effects shields and aux power only operates the same way. The drawback to this device is it actually uses a console spot whereas the red matter capacitor goes in a device slot. I no longer purchase batteries anymore even with the 3 minute cooldown on this device.