Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
The account level bank is new. Players have been asking for a method to train BOFFs with their other account characters for a long while though. One of the better received past suggestions were data training pads you could create and then mail or sell. I was just giving your suggestion a nudge in the hope Cryptic will expand the usability of the new account bank.
Yes they have... I'm in the list of players who have wanted a way to do this for well over 2 years.. I think I recall the datapad suggestion.. I don't remember a Dev ever responding in that thread.. I'm just hoping we can use the shared bank as a bypass eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos_8 View Post
Here's an alternate skill training process that works. Create a F2P account. Trade your BOs to the F2P toon. Log out of toon you originally traded with & log into your alt toon. F2P toon trades to alt. Train BO & trade back.

You may have to lvl up the F2P toon depending on the rank of the BOs you are training. A toon can't accept a BO if the BO's rank is higher than the toon. Given how easy it is to lvl, you might consider lvl your F2P toon to VA. Got more time on you hands? Lvl a Eng, Sci, & Tac in a F2P account & you can trade BOs to the F2P account for training. This last process eliminates one trading step.
This requires working on a 2nd account..... not a favorable idea...
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
Y
This requires working on a 2nd account..... not a favorable idea...
It also doesn't help with bound DOFFs you'd like trained in a skill outside your profession.

I'd like to have EPTS 3 on my Borg Eng BOFF for my Tac captain, but that's simply not possible in the current system

Something like craftable datapads, would be brilliant.