Lt. Commander
Hey guys,
I having a really irritating problem where I have dialogue prompts on certain maps. Each prompt is hooked up to some events and determines what enemies and allies spawn and so on. The problem is every time i get to a prompt they "all" trigger as if it was one big dialogue, but their not even on the same maps. I don't understand why, they each have their own objective that should spawn them. Is this just a foundry limitation? I feel like I've played many missions where optional character dialogue took place and it never jumbled up in those mission. Idk, im just really frustrated, been trying to fix it for a while and haven't gotten anywhere. Any help would be appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Objective Complete is bugged when used to trigger dialogues. It doesn't work. You'll get random dialogues from other maps as you've found.

Unfortunately, rather than fix it, they just removed the ability to set dialogues to trigger based off of Objective Complete in the changes on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply Nagorak! So I'm wondering if i switch it to another trigger, like component reached will that fix it?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Yes, it should, but be aware that Component Reached triggers as soon as the player enters the reach marker, even if the objective for that marker has not yet been activated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I switched it to a component reached trigger, but I just flew right past it without dialogue, is that one of those things where the quest has to be published to work? I couldn't have missed it because its centered on a satellite.

/edited

NM, it popped up upon a second attempt. Thanks Nagorak! Your a boss
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah, there's a bug where the first time you load a map dialogues won't trigger. Just hit reset immediately upon loading in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-09-2012, 11:07 PM
If you don't want to muck around with reach markers, you can always use Component Complete instead of Objective Complete where applicable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2012, 11:39 PM
I had a very unusual bug that could be related to the subject here.

The dialogue tree "add ons" that we slide into a map, not the regular popups, the ones under "details"; were splicing together ALL the dialogues of every map on EVERY map!

I ended up just yanking them altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
I had a very unusual bug that could be related to the subject here.

The dialogue tree "add ons" that we slide into a map, not the regular popups, the ones under "details"; were splicing together ALL the dialogues of every map on EVERY map!

I ended up just yanking them altogether.
The Objective Complete bug is most likely the reason you had problems. I've never seen it occur with Component Complete or Component Reached (Objective In Progress works fine, but another bug prevents you from publishing when using that trigger).
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-10-2012, 03:21 AM
Partially off-topic: What's the easiest way of making various events make varying groups? I ended up having to make some severe alterations in order to spawn some of my characters in Exploratory Crisis.