Lt. Commander
# 11
06-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
When this game comes out, I'm quitting and playing it full time.

Just FYI. . .
You think we would let you??

You're on STO for life Mr. Taco
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
No, but I played a ton on an old black and white Macintosh.

Then, in 1993, with my first computer (386 DX40) I did my first computer hardware upgrades, adding a CD-ROM drive (2x) and 2 more megabytes of ram (bringing me to a whopping 4 megs!) just so I could play Sim City 2000.

ETA: I know a couple people working on this, and they are super excited about it, which gives me lots of hope.
How old are you?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I remember buying SimCity for DOS at Electric Ave (electronic dept) at Montgomery Wards to play on my Packard Bell .
I also remember in Junior High drooling over SimCity 2000 on a Mac Proforma.

I still have my big boxes for Classic, 2k and 3k

I remember once I printed out my SimCity Classic on my printer. for some reason it took up nearly a quarter ream of paper on the old continuous-feed Dot Matrix.

I feel old.....Nurse! Nurse! :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Looks good, oh but wait, I still have to install EAs *cough* Spyware *cough* Origin program? Sorry not sold, EA can burn for all I care.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Not only do you have to install Origin, it requires a constant internet connection. That's two major strikes against it. Not gonna buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Not only do you have to install Origin, it requires a constant internet connection. That's two major strikes against it. Not gonna buy it.
I stopped worrying about Origins since I needed to play Mass Effect 3 already.

And what's the worst that could happen - I already sold my soul to Micro$oft.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Did you play the original on the C64?
I never had a C64, but when I was in elementary school my father brought home our first computer (a PC-AT), and Simcity was the game I played the most. I still play Simcity 4 now and then--I like how they made schools and hospitals location-dependent with bus/ambulance so they have to actually be near the residential areas instead of being in some far corner of the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izdubar
As I understand it, the requirement for being always-online is because your city is located in a persistent online world like in an MMO. You will have other player-generated cities as your neighbors and will have to negotiate neighbor deals (for resources, garbage disposal, power and water sales) with other players, and collaborate with them on Great Works such as regional international airports or hydro-electric dams that are too big for a single city.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
As I understand it, the requirement for being always-online is because your city is located in a persistent online world like in an MMO. You will have other player-generated cities as your neighbors and will have to negotiate neighbor deals (for resources, garbage disposal, power and water sales) with other players, and collaborate with them on Great Works such as regional international airports or hydro-electric dams that are too big for a single city.
What happened to the Sim4 world where you could build cities next to cities to do just that? It's all well and great IF you want to play online, but I like to do stuff offline, by myself, with noone watching. (Hush.)
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Unfortunately, the folks at Maxis/EA have decided that they want all cities to be integrated into their SimWorld, so solo play is out. I wonder if this also means that you can not restore earlier versions of your city?