Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
hmm... makes it more viable to run no-power-to-weapons builds... actually a nice gift to sciships...

As for tac captains... running breen set, 4 transph consoles, APO3 and full tac captains buff, how high can you get a transphasic to crit? Or rather... how high can you get a HYT3 salvoe to crit? I assume we're still not talking one-shot, are we?

(just remember with my SCI/RSV, I could get my HYT2 to hit for 20k each... If I could get a transphasic HYT3 up to this, it's 24k to hull... Almost enough to pop a B'rel... Slap it in a MVAM, and run TBR2 for damage and decloaking, CPB1 for decloaking, and maybe a BTSSE, and you have a B'rel hunter. )

So this is the plan... stick one of my KDF tac in a B'rel and run covert ops, and stick a fed Tac in a MVAM to hunt down other people doing the same!

So this is the plan... stick one of my KDF tac in a B'rel and run covert ops, and stick a fed Tac in a MVAM to hunt down other people doing the same! [/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Most of my changes are to duty officers, so sometimes they miss when it's not a duty officer change and miscategorize it.

Prior to this change, transphasic torpedos did better hull damage for the first ten seconds of an engagement or so, and then they began to rapidly fall behind. With this change, transphasic torpedos will do better hull damage for a much longer portion of a fight.

They mathematically remain inferior for non-B'rel retrofit coordinated teams, since they actually do much less damage to the shields, and they are inferior if you can't burn a ship down quickly. That being said, for wolfpacks or when you can't rely on a team or can stack it with other direct to hull damage effects or are flying a Science ship, they should be more viable now.

Buy 'em up now. Once starbases roll out with the duty officer costs intrinsic to that, I will be very surprised if the duty officer costs don't go back up in a big way.

That was, in fact, part of the intent. This change was intended to address a number of different issues.

I found this response by Heretic in another post to be interesting. If you dont understand the correlation between quotes, Heretic is basically saying that the boost to Transphasic Torpedoes will supposrt Science Captains running full power to Auxiliary and Shields Subsystems with minimal power to Weapons. My question is very simple. Do the developers intend for Captains piloting Science Ships to be piloting those ships with MINIMAL weapons power and maximum power to the shields and auxiliary subssytems? Or did the developers intend for Captains piloting Science Ships to use weapons power like either of the other two classes; run a minimum of 3 beams, and use full auxiliary power when put on defense or to deliberately make aux based powers to hit harder depending on the circumstance?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Bloodmage
I found this response by Heretic in another post to be interesting. If you dont understand the correlation between quotes, Heretic is basically saying that the boost to Transphasic Torpedoes will supposrt Science Captains running full power to Auxiliary and Shields Subsystems with minimal power to Weapons. My question is very simple. Do the developers intend for Captains piloting Science Ships to be piloting those ships with MINIMAL weapons power and maximum power to the shields and auxiliary subssytems? Or did the developers intend for Captains piloting Science Ships to use weapons power like either of the other two classes; run a minimum of 3 beams, and use full auxiliary power when put on defense or to deliberately make aux based powers to hit harder depending on the circumstance?
the B'rel isn't always a science ship, but mine is. the intent seems clear with enhanced battle cloak, which is still easily defeated by a comm signal (though I digress). with or without transphasic boost, the B'rel is a torpedo/ minelayer/ sci ship, and torpedo builds can still work for others.

on the other hand, you still can key bind different power settings for aux and for weapons. I could do that in my B'rel as well, though I have a Hegh'ta for that.

the torpedo thing just allows me to run one setting. set it and forget it. I don't see how this is the definitive dps setting for science ships, though. my Hegh'ta can run dhcs for dps as well with the cool down on sci abilities, you don't need max aux all the time, right ?