Lt. Commander
# 11
06-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranes
Thats nonsense...MKXI Gear is good enough for STF's and also in PvP.
If u can play ur toon and know what ur doing Gear is overrated and all u really need in STF is the Frequency modulation from the sets. The point is u can play every STF with MK X MACO/Omega.
I didn't said it is not possible (I use purple MK XI gear), I just said you are not welcome...
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules.of.Acquisition
..... you are not welcome...
Hmm dont understand it...How can some one complain cause you'r doing STF with MKXI Gear? 0o
Or are you doing STF, where your teammates say, show us your MKXII armor or we dont like you?

btw.. as i did Elite STF's i was happy every time when my team mates was wearing MACO/Omega set doesnt matter wich one but there was always 1 or more who was wearing normal armor.
Most of the time it goes well.
I think you'r welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Gozer doesnt care if you grind stfs for 1 year strait and dont get the mkxii gear.
They are not going to change it........the end.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranes
Dont agree with this,cause every one is running arround with MKXII gear then (even the one who cant even play their char) and its nothing special anymore.

I dont whine because i open 20 Gamma quads DoF s and havent got a JH ship,some other got it with first or second one.
Luck,is a part of every MMO.You should deal with it.
First: I don't believe I'm whining because I haven't gotten my set in six months.
Second: I will defend the DOFF promotion as a non-lottery when you are guaranteed 10 lobis with every one you open and several useful DOFFs.
Third: No, "even the ones who can't even play their char" still can get the MKXII gear in the current system, because it's all lotto based. To be honest, if someone who "can't even play their char" even completes an elite, it seems to me they either know what they're doing, or had help from knowledgeable players who could pick up the slack.

Everyone walking around with MKXII gear doesn't really worry me. I've been playing this game since open beta. I thought I was special when I got the preorder Constitution. It was released in the c-store. I thought I was special with the preorder borg boff. C-store again. Ophidian Cane? Breen Boff? Reman Boff? Nope, nope, and nope, nothing special anymore. Even the tribbles I got for participating in testing are available to anyone who has the cash. You play any other MMO, you will find that Raid rewards are rewarded to those who put work in, not someone lucky enough to beat the odds.

Hey, I stopped looking at people in the MKXII gear as being experts who knew what they were doing in STFs when I saw Ferasans running around with it a day and a half after the species was released. The gear has nothing to do with skill. At all. Never has. It's Powerball.

Alternate Solution:

Master Loot: Ok, so at the end of an elite, a proto tech drop should be guaranteed. Instead of just dropping into someone's inventory, someone who might already have it, put it up for need or greed. Sure, in PUGs everyone's going to need on it whether they need it or not, but in fleet runs it would give people a chance to help outfit everyone with the necessary items while teaching teamwork, which is what STFs are supposed to be all about anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockduck View Post

Five players do an elite STF.
1 should get proto tech
1 should get rare tech
1 should get common tech
2 should get rare or proto salvage or an extra EDC

Five players do a normal STF
1 should get rare tech
1 should get common tech
3 should get rare or proto salvage, or an extra EDC
D
I have to disagree with you a lot. I don't have the gear yet, but this is how bad players end up with best gear and that is not fair either. I agree With you that tech gear drop should increase. But at this rate it is awarding bad ayers not being apart of a team. I would like to see one piece of gear granted to the team if optional is made. I also think certain things should also increase the rate like damage dealing, never dieing, and so forth. Let these still role as normal but double the chances. The. One problem I run across is there is multiple way people handle the different missions. Then lack of communication destroys the entire run. I wish there was an option to only team with certain languages. I speak English it does not do me any good trying to type out the game plan when someone else does not. There could be some type of compromise between players and Cryptic. I understand their policy if everyone had everything why would they play.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeion View Post
I have to disagree with you a lot. I don't have the gear yet, but this is how bad players end up with best gear and that is not fair either. I agree With you that tech gear drop should increase. But at this rate it is awarding bad ayers not being apart of a team. I would like to see one piece of gear granted to the team if optional is made. I also think certain things should also increase the rate like damage dealing, never dieing, and so forth. Let these still role as normal but double the chances. The. One problem I run across is there is multiple way people handle the different missions. Then lack of communication destroys the entire run. I wish there was an option to only team with certain languages. I speak English it does not do me any good trying to type out the game plan when someone else does not. There could be some type of compromise between players and Cryptic. I understand their policy if everyone had everything why would they play.
You make good points. To be honest, if the droprates were just increased at all(preferably tripled), I would dance the macarena at Gozer's wedding. My biggest point is it is flat out wrong for me, or any other player to have run this long without getting a complete set. Especially when there are others, who for some are very inexperienced, getting it on first try.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Mk XII sets should be awarded on receiving the Elite Optionals Accolade, this can only be achieved with five skilled players, anything else is luck.

I simply no longer do STFs, maybe once or twice a week to help fleet mates get their Mk XI sets, nobody I know now grinds for the Mk XII sets, they have been doing it so long they understand the futility of it all and have decided that the sacrifice of hundreds of hours of their lives to wear a shiny helmet is not an equitable trade.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules.of.Acquisition
Without MKXII gear you are not welcome in PvP and STF(Elite), so what's the point...

that is not true.

in stf elite you should have [borg] weapons and appropriate tactical consoles... even a mkX set is good enough and you can have it using a few EDC.
The real problems in stf elite are people who do not know what to do and/or have rainbow weapons.

However, I must agree... dropping a prototype tech can be really difficult, I think players should acquire maco/omega mkXII set using also prototype borg salvage (much more easy to drop)... es. 20-30 prototype salvage for a maco mkII shield/engine/deflector...
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Without wanting to beat a dead horse here

Gozer knows the tech drops are a sore point with the community. One thing he is looking at with the account bank is to make it so that if you get a very rare tech drop on say toon A, you can then transfer it to toon B on the same account. After all its the same person who has played the STF so they should be able to use it on whichever toon they want.

The tech drops are random but the chance is so slim that some people have been extremeley unlucky. Im sure for season 6 they will look at the tech drops again for a better solution.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Harnaman
Without wanting to beat a dead horse here

Gozer knows the tech drops are a sore point with the community. One thing he is looking at with the account bank is to make it so that if you get a very rare tech drop on say toon A, you can then transfer it to toon B on the same account.
And I understand that, and appreciate that idea. However, the rate needs an increase. When I say I don't have the full set, I mean I don't have it at all. Not on my main, not spread between my alts.

YET ANOTHER ALTERNATE SOLUTION:

Vorn/Sibiran/Quadra Sigma Service Medals: Give out a proto tech drop for completing X ground or space map 150 times,