Lt. Commander
# 11
06-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantonl33 View Post
I get what your saying and I realize that ship is a bonus. I'd rather have the ship than the duty officers.

The duty officer aspect of the game is quite boring to me. It reminds be of the crappy farmville mobile app games. Where you just are kept busy clicking on stuff to maybe get something to enlarge or decorate your farm. Then again its my opinion.
I now mean that it will not cost them much more than a few keystrokes to give us players a little bit your currency to the dollar we spend, so maybe we'll spend a little more, instead I choose not to use any more money on something I do not know what contains.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-09-2012, 01:52 PM
At least you know you are getting something. THink of it this way, they did not increase the price of them but you got something extra either way.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Fairly disappointed myself. 10 packs and no ship, or even a decent very rare doff. Also, managed to get 2 gold lockboxes out of mysterious boxes--never seen a gold box before this week. Opened them both and got trash.

This RNG is getting sickening.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-09-2012, 03:05 PM
I am only disappointed because I still don't have a Telekineses DOFF on most chars. :/

That isn't to say that I have gotten the Jem'Hardar bug, I haven't.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Of course you aren't going to get a good rare, or a ship - then you might stop burning money on fictional items; and they can't have that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-09-2012, 03:37 PM
I would prefer if they gave the chance to get the ultra-rare ships included in more stuff like this rather than the lockboxes.
At least you get things you can really use like the Duty Officers and Lobi crystals (although, the stuff coming from the Lobi doesn't really interest me all that much, either) rather than the 90% useless junk that comes from the lockboxes.
At least for me, it makes it far more likey that I'll try for one.
That's just IMOHPO, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I would prefer if they gave the chance to get the ultra-rare ships included in more stuff like this rather than the lockboxes.
At least you get things you can really use like the Duty Officers and Lobi crystals (although, the stuff coming from the Lobi doesn't really interest me all that much, either) rather than the 90% useless junk that comes from the lockboxes.
At least for me, it makes it far more likey that I'll try for one.
That's just IMOHPO, of course.
I think of it like this. You pay for the doffs which are normal. Lobi and the ship are just a bonus outside of the rest
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Luckily I went 1 for 1 on the ship. However, I figured this was a good time to throw money at doff packs to maybe get another ship to sell. I've always wanted to sit down and throw money at doff packs to see what I could get, namely the ultra rares. I threw 100 bucks at it plus 36 million EC. Didn't get a ship in 45 packs or so. One ultra rare. Maybe 4 or 5 purples. 20 blues or so. More greens. Even more whites.

On the bright side, aside from the EC I'll make selling all of those doffs is I got about 500 crystals. Bought the tach mine to finish my d'kora set for 10% lifetime cxp bonus. Have another 300ish I'm debating spending on the MACO BO or saving for the future for new additions. The blue MACO turns me off for 300 lobi crystals though it's still pretty unique.

My observation is this: cstore doff packs seriously need more purple drops. Out of a hundred bucks I got either 4,5, or 6 of them. I lost count but it wasn't very many. Pretty sure it was 4 or 5 including the ultra rare tech. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of very rare stuff. I thrive on hunting such things in MMOs. But one every 10+ 220c packs is a bit excessive in a game that sells starships for max 2,000c. I could have got my BOP my gal retrofit my seige destroyer my belfast bridge and so on. I had 8,000c, after all.

In short I don't thrive so much at hunting very rare stuff when I'm paying dollars per chance. I guess it doesn't really bother me much at all but I do know I won't be trying this again in the future. I enjoy those VR doffs but not enough to pay 20 bucks per. I'll certainly stick to recruitment purples. Especially after getting like 10 white bajoran eng's with resolve/eff traits...... /slap /slap /slap

My only regret is that I did not score the ultra rare conn officer, and sorta not buying other things instead. But that's okay. All that stuff is coming next then I'll probably be on an extended vacation when it comes to throwing money at STO. It's making me appreciate pay per month, 'no such thing as cstore' MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Here is the problem I have with the hole deal is that they don't put out news about special deals. Take me for instance I usually get my stipend on the 23rd, I would have used it on the DOOFs packs. If they would produce more time line of special people might spend more. If this special was going down along the same time as my stipend I have alts that need duty officers. I might have spent a little with the stipend, or saved the stipend for this event from last month. I think the ultimate solution is for Cryptic to release next months special with in ten days of that month. Then give everyone their stipend on the first. This allows everyone to pick and choose what and when to spend things on. I know something's are meant to be a secret, but come on most things are leaked through Dev chats, twitter, and post. It is time to make things fair and give people a chance. The last couple specials I have missed out because they don't coincide with my stipend to off set. I missed the last 20% off sail so Cryptic failed to get any of my money because I could not off set it with my stipend. It is. Much like the "Q" event on the weekends. I miss it because I work on the weekends, but that is for another post.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Personally I would be happy to see something like this replace the lockboxes entirely. Take whatever goodie-of-the-month ship, or other items that would have been in a lockbox, and attach them to a new or existing C-Store item. Then people are still able to buy things (money for Cryptic), while the players don't have to deal with swarms of lockboxes dropping from everything from a starship to a portable shield generator.

I swear those boxes must have some Tribble DNA or something.