Lt. Commander
# 11
06-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1
I dont believe this, I pretty much put it out in BOLD that it wasn't finished and some numb nuts gives it a 1 star for spelling!!!!!
Don't get discouraged, it's always the case that someone in a bad mood that day will go around clicking "dislikes" on everything.

Focus on excellence and you'll get lots of 4 & 5 stars to bury those trolls with. I've had similar experience on youtube with automotive videos where some self appointed armchair road safety enthusiast sitting in some dank basement forgets the meaning of 'entertainment' and simply has to dislike every single thing I upload no matter what changes and improvements were made.

As time goes by the quality nature of your work and attention to detail should pay off in droves, don't get discouraged over the one or two dislikes.

I'm sure Jeremy Clarkson has something like thousands of dislikes by now but his fanbase numbering hundreds of millions, do you think he cares about the one or two naysayers? Drop a piano on them, that's what he does
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Don't get discouraged, it's always the case that someone in a bad mood that day will go around clicking "dislikes" on everything.

Focus on excellence and you'll get lots of 4 & 5 stars to bury those trolls with. I've had similar experience on youtube with automotive videos where some self appointed armchair road safety enthusiast sitting in some dank basement forgets the meaning of 'entertainment' and simply has to dislike every single thing I upload no matter what changes and improvements were made.

As time goes by the quality nature of your work and attention to detail should pay off in droves, don't get discouraged over the one or two dislikes.

I'm sure Jeremy Clarkson has something like thousands of dislikes by now but his fanbase numbering hundreds of millions, do you think he cares about the one or two naysayers? Drop a piano on them, that's what he does
I have one abreviation and two words for you!.. LOL & Love It!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS GIRL, IS CLASS!
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec
I played the mission, I think it just about earns 4 stars.
Improving on that
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Improving on that
Obviously I know it was incomplete so spelling would be revised (I've seen much worse in long completed missions by the way) it was just too slow at the start and I wasn't fond of the Tellarite using the word pufter
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Obviously I know it was incomplete so spelling would be revised (I've seen much worse in long completed missions by the way) it was just too slow at the start and I wasn't fond of the Tellarite using the word pufter
Yeah good point actually, I just copied that bit of a Star Trek Spoof where they have an academy open in Scotland lmao - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEg5NDZ6rnM, but if it's any comfort, these days that word just means big softy, at least where I come from

I know what you mean, but I was a little fed up of missions that dived straight in to action or didn't bother putting that extra bit of effort into the enviroments, so thats what I tried to focus on this time, a mission with beautiful landscapes to enjoy and a calm build up finishing in what I hope will be a satisfying yet simple end.... Though it's a far cry from what I have in mind for a sequel, It's going to be uber dark whilst embrassing that invincible titan image the Borg use to have.
Infact I threw a few easter eggs and hints as to the sequels story into my editing of this mission!
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Yeah good point actually, I just copied that bit of a Star Trek Spoof where they have an academy open in Scotland lmao - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEg5NDZ6rnM, but if it's any comfort, these days that word just means big softy, at least where I come from

I know what you mean, but I was a little fed up of missions that dived straight in to action or didn't bother putting that extra bit of effort into the enviroments, so thats what I tried to focus on this time, a mission with beautiful landscapes to enjoy and a calm build up finishing in what I hope will be a satisfying yet simple end.... Though it's a far cry from what I have in mind for a sequel, It's going to be uber dark whilst embrassing that invincible titan image the Borg use to have.
Infact I threw a few easter eggs and hints as to the sequels story into my editing of this mission!
Ah fair enough, I come from a very homophobic Scottish so...yeah.

The scenery was quite nice and it was a good juxtaposition between that and when all Gre'thor breaks loose

I look forward to see what else you have in store.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Ah fair enough, I come from a very homophobic Scottish so...yeah.

The scenery was quite nice and it was a good juxtaposition between that and when all Gre'thor breaks loose

I look forward to see what else you have in store.
Oh my Preservers I loved your use of trekology just then!
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Here is an example of how to add your Screenshots:
[Photobucket is a free service].
Please Note that if you press Alt & F12 you will remove the HUD for a better picture, as will increasing quality to Maximum and adding a 'Portrait' picture of your character.

Character Example
Ship Example
Lt. Commander
# 19 Admiral Stewart
06-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Hey, here's a screenshot of Admiral Stewart as requested. Kasper might have a better one to post though!

Admiral Stewart

Also you'll note from the back of my head - NO HOOP EARRINGS!!! :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticfurby View Post
Admiral Stewart
Might want to edit the image in that screenie so a certain four letter word in the chat box doesn't get you in trouble.