Lt. Commander
Hi.

I really love STO because I spend much time playing with ships, hunting down enemies in the space combat. Because this, I have a good selection of C-ships in my 3 Fed chars, one of each type (science, engineer and tactical) and after hiting the lvl 50 of every char in the FED Faction I whant to play with KDF, playing with one of each class at least.

For start, I make an Orion Tactical and a Joined Trill Science. And for my personal choice, I really loved playing around with KDF Carrier. My current KDF science are flying around with a Vo'Quv Carrier, with a B'Rel bird of prey and orion slavers in my two hangars.

Because I really like to collect and fly around with some C-ships, in the KDF faction I already have two, a Phanlax Science Vessel and other, a Qurgh Refit. I take from them the "Bio neural Warhead" and the console "Barrier field generator" to improve my Vo'Quv carrier in some way.

I am wanting to choice a new KDF ship to collect and use in the future in a new char, but I want to have a good use with any item related with the new ship to the old kdf toons (lvl 43 close to 50 now), something like a useful console, hangar or weapon as "extra" to use in any other ship, without restriction of level or ship type. Or have the right to use in the hangar. I can play with any class and any level. Anything to use in the Vo'Quv carrier can be really good idea too.

Any suggestion? Any insight can be useful to make a good choice.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2012, 04:53 AM
Plasmiotic Leech, Aceton Assimilator, Theta Radiation, Subspace Jump are some of our best consoles.

The Orion FDC's are a unique ship type that the Feds don't have (yet, but they have started whinging for it) Essentially a Cruiser with a Hanger not sure how they play out but. The problem is the Marauder is the one they built after good designer disapeared. Look at the Decroit and Corsair, beautiful looking ships and than look at the misshapen lump that is the Marauder.

Note by that statement I mean the Orion People in game, I'm pretty sure all three ships where in fact designed by the same person/people. But I'd totally buy a T5 Corsair for the looks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2012, 05:15 AM
The Marauder's been around a lot longer. The Orion Space-pig started life as a KDF port-over of the Fed Starcruiser, and it's underwhelming ability was to summon Orion interceptors after it'd taken damge or something. But it predates all the other C-store Orion ships, as does the Garumba with the Nausicaans and the Varanus with the Gorn.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
Plasmiotic Leech, Aceton Assimilator, Theta Radiation, Subspace Jump are some of our best consoles.

The Orion FDC's are a unique ship type that the Feds don't have (yet, but they have started whinging for it) Essentially a Cruiser with a Hanger not sure how they play out but. The problem is the Marauder is the one they built after good designer disapeared. Look at the Decroit and Corsair, beautiful looking ships and than look at the misshapen lump that is the Marauder.

Note by that statement I mean the Orion People in game, I'm pretty sure all three ships where in fact designed by the same person/people. But I'd totally buy a T5 Corsair for the looks.
Unfortunatly they do now
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2012, 10:51 AM
When did they get that?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2012, 04:26 PM
The Orion cruisers are excellent vessels
I took on a kitty carrier with one the other day and surprisingly managed to destroy it

of course I cheat slightly (my ship carriers a consumable squadron as well as the one in the hanger)

note this is the captain level version not the commander one (thats pretty good too)
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Plasmonic leech from the Vandal Nausicaan ship is a must have. I stick it on all my KDF ships now. +18 all subsystems power if you're skilled into power drain.

Love the Marauder, currently using Advanced slavers with it to get a ton on contraband. The Orion Interceptors are great along with power drain abilities like leech and Polarons.

The Marauder is a bit ugly but it's looks have grown on me. I would much prefer the Corsair skin though, or _any_ skin variation so it can be customised a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
The Orion cruisers are excellent vessels
I took on a kitty carrier with one the other day and surprisingly managed to destroy it

of course I cheat slightly (my ship carriers a consumable squadron as well as the one in the hanger)

note this is the captain level version not the commander one (thats pretty good too)
Do consumable squadrons respond to carrier commands?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorAndy
Do consumable squadrons respond to carrier commands?
Only if you are flying one.