Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
WE DON'T! PROVOKE! THE BORG!

Was anyone else expecting Q to come along and give q a cosmic ***** slap for disobeying his rules again?

"State of Q" clearly is just that: q is provoking the Borg for his own amusement.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2012, 03:41 PM
The sooner the Q are assimilated the sooner the borg die out
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
The sooner the Q are assimilated the sooner the borg die out
How would giving the Borg complete access and knowledge of omnipotence end up killing them off?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Because the Q are not omni anything
they would have an ego the size of jupiter and a brain the size of a pea like the Q themselves

non corporeals are an evolutionary dead end

"we am the Borg Q resistance is interesting , you will resist us successfully because thats interesting"
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
they would have an ego the size of jupiter and a brain the size of a pea like the Q themselves

"we am the Borg Q resistance is interesting , you will resist us successfully because thats interesting"
the billions of mortal borg drones would simply adapt the instant teleportation and reality warping powers that they have, unhindered by their egos. All becomes one and one becomes all. Personalities not withstanding, the whole collective would gain the power to instantly take over every reality, every dimension, every galaxy, every universe- INSTANTLY.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2012, 05:12 PM
and fail instantly as each drone becomes an individual and destroys itself

of course a strong enough mind assimilated OWNS the collective
for example if they assimilated Major Kira the Borg would then be Bajorg and only kill cardassians

people always assume the Q and the Borg are invincible
where as in actuality neither has a future
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Interesting...I wonder what would happen if the Borg did somehow manage to assimilate a Q.

I don't see how it would make them omnipotent (or whatever the Q were), but they probably would gain knowledge akin to that of the Q...assuming it didn't burn out the Collective completely.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
The first statement I agree with the second statement is unfortunately just an assumption and actually even current science has circumstantial evidence to the contrary. The belief that a non corporal beings do not evolve comes from science fiction(obviously), so it is just a rule that was made up from some shows and really can be argued that is just that character’s limited mind and not necessarily a fact. I am fairly sure (though could be wrong) but even Star Trek has never actually said that is a dead end.

Now for the real stuff the “COULD” say that it is not a dead end. Evolution as people say is a biological function and a creature without biology can’t evolve. That is the basics of the argument that a non corporal beings can’t evolve. But can you be sure they have no biology??

In string theory it said there is 18 dimensions to space/time and we only experience 4 (3 Spatial and 1 temporal). It is also said that being that experiences more dimensions can interact and influence anything with less dimensions, but cannot effect ones with more dimensions then itself. So it could be argued that the Q are 5 Dimensional beings they can choose to interact with us but we cannot actually do anything to them. If that is true then one the Borg can’t assimilate a Q without that Q so choosing.

This also means that even thou we cannot interact with them it doesn’t mean they don’t have a “physical body” to a two dimensional creature I have a body when I am on the same plane as he is.. if I step off that place I no longer do. But we all know I have a body regardless since we all share the same dimensions. Who is to say that isn’t how the Q operate?

So how is that for using real science to help try to prove science fiction concepts :p hehe
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-10-2012, 06:36 PM
This could be my general lack of knowledge stemming from the fact that it has been literally years since I have seen much of any TNG but was it ever actually stated that the Q are non-corporeal in nature. I realize the "physical" presence they have on the show is not their true appearance, but I don't remember if they ever said they were in fact non-corporeal.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751
This could be my general lack of knowledge stemming from the fact that it has been literally years since I have seen much of any TNG but was it ever actually stated that the Q are non-corporeal in nature. I realize the "physical" presence they have on the show is not their true appearance, but I don't remember if they ever said they were in fact non-corporeal.
Considering that Voyager is what gave the Q the most character development, i think you should be referencing it instead of TNG.