Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
I playing with science orion toon (klingon faction).
Now My Bortasqu has Omega set MkXI. I ran 120 normal STF to get it (Thanks Gozer for your unfair drop loot rule ).
I don't have really problem to run ISE. I'm full of disruptor (because of disruptor auto cannon). So I have 4 Disruptor Induction Coil MkXII rare.
Front: I have 1 DBB MkXI [Borg], 1 BA MkXI [Borg], 1 cannon Mk XI [Borg], Quantum torpedoes MkXI
Back: I have 1 BA MkXI [Borg], 2 turrets Mk XI [Borg], Quantum torpedoes MkXI
My 2 Tac Boff have those abilities:
Tac 1: Beam Array: Fire at Will, Beam Array: Overload
Tac 2: Cannon: Scatter Volley

It appears it's not the right settings to win KASE. I can't stand more than 3 probes
And it's worts for TCSE. I die again and again. Noobs play beter than me
What kind of gear for science klingon to run KASE and TCSE? Does anyone can give advices to me?
Thx
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-03-2012, 10:29 PM
You probably want to run beams or cannons, not both, so as to better use your tactical skills. I also see you don't have Tactical Team. Also, what do you use in the universal lt commander slot, engineer or science?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-03-2012, 10:42 PM
My universal boff is a science.
My captain is science too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2012, 11:39 PM
I'd try 2 DBBs and 2 Beam Arrays fore, 4 Beam Arrays aft. That will let you have a 6 BA broadside, or your forward arc will be the DBBs, 2 BAs, and the cannon. If you go 8 full beam arrays you'll probably have power problems. Of course try it with Mk XI white weapons first and see if you like it, and if not you can resell them.

As for skills, this should give you a broad set for any kind of PVE work, particularly STFs, but its probably too spread out for PVP play. Every skill is for a reason. You'll be a moderate healer and tank and be able to do a little crowd-control on the side.

Commander Engineering
Extend Shields 3: For saving teammates, especially someone who you see needs a big boost in shield resistance. Doesn't work on yourself though, and you will need a trainer.
Aux to SIF 2: A hull save for teammates or yourself, plus a big resistance boost, also a nice short cooldown
Aux to Inertial Dampeners 1: This will give you a quick boost to your turning ability when you want to use the cannon or subnuc beam and Evasive isn't available.
Emergency to Shields 1: If you have two of this skill, with its long duration, you will have one always on, giving you extra damage reduction and shield regeneration, letting you tank just about any hit you will encounter in PVE play.
Lt Commander Science
Gravity Well 1: Extremely useful and versatile in all STFs. Not as powerful as some abilities in some situations, but it is something you'll be able to use a LOT whether for bunching up enemies, buying time, clearing torpedoes, or just a little extra damage.
Transfer Shield Strength 2: A big shield heal for a teammate or yourself if EPTS isn't enough.
Polarize Hull 1: Borg love tractor beams, and those are annoying. This makes them less annoying.
Lt Science
Hazard Emitters 2: Good hull heal for yourself or teammates, and puts out plasma fires. On Elite, those fires can add up to noticable damage, so good to put them out before they become a problem.
Science Team 1: Pretty much useless in an STF, but useful for clearing science debuffs when fighting Breen and Jem'Hadar elsewhere. If you want to go pure STF, Tractor Beam 1 is very useful in Cure as an alternative. I like versatility though.
Lt Tactical
Fire At Will 2: Combined with all your beams you will do lots of damage to a single target or hit a whole cluster at once, especially if combined with Gravity Well. Also good for clearing torpedoes. If you'd rather have a single big attack instead, use Beam Overload 2 with one of your DBBs.
Tactical Team 1: Redistribute your shields and get rid of annoying Borg boarding parties. Also gives a slight damage boost for 10 seconds. Essential to any ship anywhere.
Ensign Engineering
Emergency to Shields 1: See Above

Consoles
Engineering
Borg Assimilated Module, 2 Neutronium Consoles, 1 EPS Flow Regulator or a third Neutronium
Science
1 Field Generator
Tactical
Disruptor Cannon (is it a console?), 4 Disruptor Induction Coils

For Power, set one mode (Combat Mode) to be Weapons 90 Shields 60 Engines 25 Aux 25. Set a second mode (Support Mode) that is Weapons 25 Shields 75 Engines 25 Aux 75. For most of the game you will be using Combat Mode. When you are about to use Gravity Well or need your heals to be as big as possible, switch over to Support Mode, use the power you need, then switch back.

This isn't an end-all super ship, but it should work well enough with a science captain and be able to deal with Elite STFs without a problem. Just my two EC, anyways.

PS:
My apologies if I say something that seems so basic as to be insulting. I just put out everything, and would rather be redundant than leave something out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-05-2012, 07:53 AM
would this work in a carrier? I have been looking for a decent build, this looks good! with some tweaking of course..
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-05-2012, 09:31 AM
I couldn't try yesterday due of bad and long STFs. But, I'm ready to follow your advices today
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbison View Post
would this work in a carrier? I have been looking for a decent build, this looks good! with some tweaking of course..
I dunno, never flown a carrier, but it seems like the very different BOFF layout would require some significant tweaking.

For science, I guess upgrade the GW to 3. In the freed slot add in TBR2, or upgrade TSS to 3 then add TBR1, depending if you want better healing or CC. Or maybe stay GW1 and add Tyken's Rift 3 for power-draining cubes? I guess with 2 science officers you could set one for draining (ES3 or Tachyon3, then TR3) and the other for crowd control (TBR2, GW3), and then on the fly switch which one is in the Commander and which in the Lt, depending on which top powers you need while keeping their lower-level powers always around. Heck carry a third one with CPB2 and PS3 as your 'go away' radiant fields.

Can't chain the EPTS evenly with only one engineer, though I guess you could do EPTS 1 and 2, then use the LtCmdr slot for Aux2SIF2 (or ET3 if you can find someone to train you). Though a carrier probably shouldn't be in the thick of it trying to tank anyways. Alternately load EPTS1 (for when you really need it briefly), Engineering Team 2 or Aux2SIF1, and Extend Shields 2, for helping heal or tank-up pets or teammates (how tough would an advanced BoP be with A2SIF1 and ES2 on it? Enough to keep the Borg's attention?). For the Tac upgrade the FAW to 3 (if you know someone), then add Attack Pattern Beta 1. Combine the two powers and debuff a whole area for pets and teammates to chew on.

For weapons go for 6 disruptor beam arrays (too slow and no turning for DBBs, I imagine), or maybe polarons if you combine them with other drain abilities. (Wonder how well that would work?) In your hangars either BoPs for punch, or Slavers for your pocketbook (though how much firepower are you giving up in doing so?). Keep some power-syphon drones handy for boss ships like tac cubes or Donatra, and combine them with the earlier-mentioned Tyken's Rift and/or polarons.

Like I said though, never flown a carrier. Just a lot of reading various discussions and thinking 'well wouldn't those abilities compliment each other?' And I like designing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Honestly, really don't understand about this game. I did what people said. And I'm still in trouble to take more than 3 probes in KASE. 3 probes is ok. When there is 4. I have to run after the fourth and most of time. Because of me. We lost optionnals. For KASE I realized I can take any job except taking probes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. I run a setup pretty similar to this in my science ship, except I have even less firepower (just faster turning), and I do alright. Move into their path about 12km from the gate, grav well when they're in groups, use Aux2Dampeners for turning, swing around a broadside, use FAW whenever its availabe for extra punch. I have a tractor beam for emergencies and 'the one that got away' but I rarely need it, and with the disruptor cannon you aren't without an emergency ability yourself.

Let me dig out a cruiser this evening. I want to see this work.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Well, I pulled an Excelsior out of storage and fitted it with 2 DBBs and 6 Beam Arrays and ran KASE a couple of times today. While it wasn't a Bortasqu, I made it sure that the only offensive powers I used were FAW2 and Eject Warp Plasma 1 (the EWP to make up for the lack of a gravity well). I found that while I really, really missed my science ship's gravity well and being able to snare the probes at long range, but I had enough firepower to do the job every time. And if anything your Bortasqu outguns my Excelsior just by having the extra disruptor coil and the cannon.

I think its just tactics and practice at this point, because the weapons work. Maybe it is just the different playstyle and getting used to a different ship. I'm not sure, what else to say.