Lt. Commander
# 1 Stf Drops!
06-10-2012, 11:37 PM
I am getting SUPER tired of never getting the one item that I want from an STF. All I have ever wanted to get for the last 3 months now is a prototype borg deflector tech and NEVER GET IT! Why the hell is it SO freakin hard to get that one item? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO GET IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? For this whole time, I have been sitting with the Omega Force Shield Array MK XII and the Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engines MK XII and NO deflector. I am getting SUPER tired of NEVER being able to get the full set. I even stopped trying for a few days here and there and tried working on getting my full MACO MK XI set and all I have is the shields and deflector. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Join the club. All I want is the ground MACO set Mk XII, only got the armor. The space set came really really easy for me, which make this worse.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2012, 11:53 PM
You are doing it wrong.

If you just play the one mission hundreds of times waiting for a specific drop, it won't happen. (Well, actually it will eventually, but you have no fun on the way).

I assume you already have the Mk XI version. Have you ever compared them? They are really not much different and provide exactly the same bonuses.

Dump the Mk XIIs into your bank until you get that lucky drop and then you can switch your ship gear out.

In the meantime have fun doing nice things with your very well working Mk XIs.

The Mk XIIs are in no way a requirement for anything, they don't even change your ships look in a different way, they are just a minimal enhancement, that won't make much difference in a fight. Winning or losing entirely depends on your skills when you compare the two sets.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-10-2012, 11:57 PM
I feel your pain, I've been grinding ISE forever to get a prototype shield. I have the Mark 12 engine and deflector, just wanting that shield to complete the set. It's frustrating I know.

This is just on one character mind you. I'm not even bothering with Mark 12 on my other characters, I already got enough EDCs to get all the Maco and Omega ground and space sets on my two main characters. But on my third here, I was lucky to get a deflector protype drop and engine prototype drop, so might as well try to get the shield drop now! But it hasn't happened yet, been grinding a month for it.

I wish you could mix and match Mark 11 and 12 sets and still get the full set bonus's.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2012, 12:03 AM
The only reason I'd want Mk XII gear would be for the full Omega Force ground set appearance, with the space helmet and shoulderpads and all that.

But I am very unwilling to put in the time with the Elite STFs to go for that stuff, especially since (as noted above) the Mk XI gear is already very good.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Cryptic is doing to make the current Mk XII appearance easier to get when they add in newer appearance options for more Elite players.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-11-2012, 12:29 AM
As abovesaid - the grinding is not really worth it.

Repeated playthroughs don't guarantee a prototype drop.

I also notice some weeks I score numerous proto salvage in an evening but the following week (this week) nothing good ever comes out of the drops.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-11-2012, 12:35 AM
I can kind of feel the frustration with the ground armor, because the full visuals require the MK 12 set, but the set bonus for MK XII over MK XI is just too low to get frustrated over.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Just pathetic Cryptic has been doing an account based bank instead of tweaking the drop rates and improving them. Don't get me wrong I like the idea just should have been done a long time ago. Their small amounts of content a season really does need to be upped to a bigger level if they want to fix this game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-11-2012, 01:06 AM
I know your frustration and to a greater level. I've been playing the new STFs for 7 months, and I still only managed to get only 2 Ground Protoype Drops out of my 6 characters.

So a very sarcastic "THANK YOU" to the Dev team. Just enjoy wasting these months for gear one of you said it's not worth going after. The same Dev who thinks people will grind 300 STFs per character. And call this "FUN".
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l9of20
I am getting SUPER tired of never getting the one item that I want from an STF. All I have ever wanted to get for the last 3 months now is a prototype borg deflector tech and NEVER GET IT! Why the hell is it SO freakin hard to get that one item? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO GET IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? For this whole time, I have been sitting with the Omega Force Shield Array MK XII and the Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engines MK XII and NO deflector. I am getting SUPER tired of NEVER being able to get the full set. I even stopped trying for a few days here and there and tried working on getting my full MACO MK XI set and all I have is the shields and deflector. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
To be honest, the STF drops should not be bound - They should be tradable, that way folks that do not want to grind for them have a chance to purchase them at the exchange.

I have two to three Mk XII shields and engines laying in several of my toon banks that are incomplete. I would love the chance to sell them, as I believe some folks would also like the chance to do the same.

If not unbound them, then at least have them up for sale via dilithium store at a certain dilithium cost.

anyways, gtg back to Guildwars 2 Beta xD