Lt. Commander
# 11
06-11-2012, 03:26 AM
First of all, I dont even have the MK XI set. The game wont give the engine drop in order for me to get it. And with me having 3 kids to take care of, its hard to get c points needed to buy anything, so all my dilithium and all go into getting c points for things that I want from the c store
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-11-2012, 03:27 AM
Oh and Just a little FYI, I dont do just that mission, I do ALL the STFs. Ground, space
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-11-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm with you on that one. They should unbind them or allow people to use dilthium to get the set. And to everyone out there, I dont really care if there is a difference or not between the MK XI and the MK XII set. Like I listed before, I have the MK XII Omega Force Shields and the MK XII Omega Force Engines. All I want is to just get the shields. And think about it this way. You can take 40 standard data chips and trade those in for the MK XI parts. Why not do the same thing for the MK XII. Set it to where it takes 80 chips or 100 chips to get the set. That would give people the modivation to go through and get the stuff that way, instead of having all of this hair pulling frustration of waiting to see if you get the Rare Salvage or the Prototype Salvage.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-11-2012, 06:53 AM
I too would like to see a better drop rate for the items... as far as sellable.. the Devs said that won't happen.. however they are entertaining the idea of making them account bound so you can trade between toons (not the item itself, but the Tech drops and Data Chips needed to purchase the sets).
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-11-2012, 07:18 AM
I just did a nice 73rd run of Cure Ground Elite, and TWO people got prototype weapons tech, the only piece I need to get the Mk XII set. Oh well, bring on run 74
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-11-2012, 08:15 AM
I was really surprised I was able to complete both the MACO and Omega Mk XII sets before I even got the Starfleet Cross Accolade (Completing 150 STFs).

I have worked on three toons for their Mk XII ground sets. Now I don't know if this is true or not, but I have noticed that the toons with less accolade points; that my drop rate for tech is greatly increased.

Ex.1: Toon with 10K + Accolade points 3 + months to complete both sets.
Ex.2: Toon with 8K + Accolade points almost 2 months to complete both sets.
Ex.3: Toon with 5K + Accolade points 3 weeks to complete both sets.

Average STF per toon per day was about the same.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-11-2012, 08:46 AM
It seems to run in spurts. I was pugging around yesterday in ISE and ended up with 3 prototype shield drops, and it seemed like most rounds someone got it. Funny thing was, being a weekend it was a complete noob-fest and there were probably only two or three times the mission completed with optional, the drops were coming I guess as pity on those of us who stuck with them even after DeathMasterNinjaJedi99 or whoever would blow a generator 30 seconds into the map.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-11-2012, 08:59 AM
to say you want to see tech tradeable/sellable is unrealistic and silly. What will happen eventually is tech will become bound on account. Gozer has said it himself he just needs to work out the details. That way you will be able to trade tech across accounts to toons who dont have it/need it.

Gozer has said tech will never be sold or tradeable as it takes away from the sets themselves and i agree. But we can expect it to be bound on account.

Also there are a million threads on this. Gozer knows the drop rates are **** poor. Its done on purpose to keep people playing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Harnaman
Also there are a million threads on this. Gozer knows the drop rates are **** poor. Its done on purpose to keep people playing the game.
Yes, it was good way to encourage people to play the STFs, but the way Gozer done it was way overkill.

Having people do 300 STFs per character, then grinding for 6 MK12 STF Tech drops to complete the two sets ......... it was way too much. Then Gozer makes that comment how we don't need MK12 sets? What does that tell us who been pushing ourselves to get these Mk12 sets for months? It makes us feel like garbage and that we wasted our time.

And what do they say about us who have the worse luck grinding these STFS to complete these sets..... "oh too bad?" Thats like tossing gasoline on a fire, and now the Elite STF channels are completely empty because nobody wants to do them anymore, leaving others up a creek having to deal with bad players who turn a 15 minute run into an hour.

That's why it's overkill.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-11-2012, 10:54 AM
To the OP, I was at the same situation. I just gave up the grind and I gess I don't log in to STO in a month more or less. It is just not worth the time.

I'm back to EVE were the grind is rewarded. STO is looking more and more like Vegas in Space.