Lt. Commander
# 1 No Win Scenario
06-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Gents (and ladies), we may have stumbled across the first pve stf that actually helps "train" new pvpers. It is currently on tribble and boy does it make you work as a team. Its a new stf called "No win scenario" where you face 10 waves of enemies, each wave getting harder and harder. The first iteration of it was lame but the second version really does make you use pvp experience I.e teamwork, communication and cross healing.

Give it a try guys. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
Gents (and ladies), we may have stumbled across the first pve stf that actually helps "train" new pvpers. It is currently on tribble and boy does it make you work as a team. Its a new stf called "No win scenario" where you face 10 waves of enemies, each wave getting harder and harder. The first iteration of it was lame but the second version really does make you use pvp experience I.e teamwork, communication and cross healing.

Give it a try guys. You might be pleasantly surprised.
It might help a little, but the Borg STF's stand as concrete evidence that some players either can't or won't work as a team.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
It might help a little, but the Borg STF's stand as concrete evidence that some players either can't or won't work as a team.
The elite stf's compared to this are a walk in the park. No captain kirk would get past the 4th maybe 5th wave.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2012, 04:02 AM
Isn't that not an STF, but a fleet action?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
Isn't that not an STF, but a fleet action?
It's both and neither, that special grey area that the Vault shuttle mission tends to fall in.

Menkey was talking to me about this earlier on TS, apparently a Panda team has reached Wave 8 so far? I haven't gotten to team into it yet. and likely wont until the bulk of Season 6 hits the test server. What can we exepect? All I know if we face 10 levels of different faction types and must stop not only ourselves being killed but a transport too. Are the waves totally random each time or can we expect the KDF ever wave 3 for example?

If the waves include feds & klinks, thats a golden oppitunity for acolade hunting for any who still need those.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
The elite stf's compared to this are a walk in the park. No captain kirk would get past the 4th maybe 5th wave.
Very true - but that's what I mean. I have little doubt that there will be numerous players, probably of the rainbow-boat type, who will blatantly ignore the freighter that requires protection, will do nothing to heal team-mates and will blindly shoot at enemy ships.

And those are the sort of players we will likely, more often than not, be teamed with.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-11-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 View Post
It's both and neither, that special grey area that the Vault shuttle mission tends to fall in.

Menkey was talking to me about this earlier on TS, apparently a Panda team has reached Wave 8 so far? I haven't gotten to team into it yet. and likely wont until the bulk of Season 6 hits the test server. What can we exepect? All I know if we face 10 levels of different faction types and must stop not only ourselves being killed but a transport too. Are the waves totally random each time or can we expect the KDF ever wave 3 for example?

If the waves include feds & klinks, thats a golden oppitunity for acolade hunting for any who still need those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Very true - but that's what I mean. I have little doubt that there will be numerous players, probably of the rainbow-boat type, who will blatantly ignore the freighter that requires protection, will do nothing to heal team-mates and will blindly shoot at enemy ships.

And those are the sort of players we will likely, more often than not, be teamed with.
Yes we reached wave 8 last night with massive amounts of teamwork. Still loads of room for improvement.

Always do it private with known players to try and beat it to avoid the captain kirks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-11-2012, 04:40 AM
Yes, I figured that it could work like that with the requirement to keep a non-player ship alive.

It suggests that the second part of my PvP training is the best one suited to train PvP, as crude as I could implement it with the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Finally! pve that is harder than PVP and a spot where I can P2W to my hearts content without being *****ed at!