Lt. Commander
# 11
06-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Finally! pve that is harder than PVP and a spot where I can P2W to my hearts content without being *****ed at!
Not so fast, P2Wer....

We will create a chat channel "NoP2WScenario" and only allow access to people that don't use P2W to beat the scenario.

Alternative Text for this post:

Looks like we've found our *puts on sunglasses* Pay To Win Scenario...
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
Gents (and ladies), we may have stumbled across the first pve stf that actually helps "train" new pvpers. It is currently on tribble and boy does it make you work as a team. Its a new stf called "No win scenario" where you face 10 waves of enemies, each wave getting harder and harder. The first iteration of it was lame but the second version really does make you use pvp experience I.e teamwork, communication and cross healing.

Give it a try guys. You might be pleasantly surprised.
I have a funny feeling this mission will be nerfed down after the pvers play it and say they cant get past wave 3

(yea i know i gave them too much credit for getting up to wave 3)
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
hmmm interesting. I have grown tired of PvE champions that do not care for the STF special objective they just want the completion. Cryptic please do not nerf it and make the prize at the end awesome really awesome. Not some set maybe a special issue ship like a raptor that can actually turn, no I jest, but something exclusive that cannot be gotten except from this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakuzma View Post
I have a funny feeling this mission will be nerfed down after the pvers play it and say they cant get past wave 3

(yea i know i gave them too much credit for getting up to wave 3)
Bingo

The Panda made who have tried this have excellent builds , very high levels of skill , very good levels of communication and corrdinated team play , aside from the emotional issues, this puts them very much in the top 1% players.

Given what I have seen from the combat parser your average player is probably only about 30-40% of this in term of damage/healing as an individual and as the vast majority don't heal each other as a team even less effective.

If the reaction to the STF's is anything to go by I think that the majority of the player bases mindset will not accept a mission they cannot complete or that defeats them so easily.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
hmmm interesting. I have grown tired of PvE champions that do not care for the STF special objective they just want the completion. Cryptic please do not nerf it and make the prize at the end awesome really awesome. Not some set maybe a special issue ship like a raptor that can actually turn, no I jest, but something exclusive that cannot be gotten except from this mission.
There will be no specia prize at the end, as I understand it. Other than an accolade, at least. Gozer even stated that the rewards are staged so that it's more efficient to cancel the mission after 5 waves and start a new one. That may be problematic actually (griefer alert).
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-12-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenanter
Bingo

If the reaction to the STF's is anything to go by I think that the majority of the player bases mindset will not accept a mission they cannot complete or that defeats them so easily.
That's why they may have Pre-empted this by calling it "No-Win"
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Second this motion
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-12-2012, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Bingo

The Panda made who have tried this have excellent builds , very high levels of skill , very good levels of communication and corrdinated team play , aside from the emotional issues, this puts them very much in the top 1% players.

Given what I have seen from the combat parser your average player is probably only about 30-40% of this in term of damage/healing as an individual and as the vast majority don't heal each other as a team even less effective.

Lol at the emotional issues. Thanks for the praise
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-12-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
There will be no specia prize at the end, as I understand it. Other than an accolade, at least. Gozer even stated that the rewards are staged so that it's more efficient to cancel the mission after 5 waves and start a new one. That may be problematic actually (griefer alert).
And this is the guy who is going to save PvP? I haven't been following so I'm sure I've missed the point. What was the logic behind this design?
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-12-2012, 06:34 AM
I wouldn't mind trying out NWS with the Pandas, but they've already got their A-team for PvE!

Quote:
aside from the emotional issues
You big meanie.