Lt. Commander
# 1 Shield Cutting
06-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey everyone wanted to know what would be the best energy weapons to use on a deep space science vessel. I have a hard time cutting through enemy shields.

I am currently using phaser energy weapons (MK XII Borg), but am thinking of switching to tetryon weapons. If so what are the best stats Acc,Dmg etc.?

I am up for any suggestions that there might be. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2012, 02:21 PM
ACC would probably be the better option for beams. Followed by CritD or CritH.

I'd say stick with phasers for the proc. If you want to eat through shields, I suggest putting points into Flow Capcitors and getting a 2-set bonus from Omega Force space set (to get the Tetryon Glider passive ability).
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-11-2012, 04:44 PM
What weapon power are you running at?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2012, 07:14 PM
If you what is called "Shield Stripper Build" Then go with Tetryon, with as much [Acc] as you can get. The more times you hit them, the more times the proc will go off. Also 2-piece Omega set, plus tachyon beam, and you will drop shields.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes-Fist-At-Sky
What weapon power are you running at?
Default full power to shields since if my shields go down I'm toast.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbongrip
Default full power to shields since if my shields go down I'm toast.
You always want to run full weapons. During a battle you might want to switch to full shields, aux, or engines, but as a rule (for me at least) you are always going to want full power to weapons.
For you it should be about 120.

Your boffs are what keep your shields up, not your shield power(Well it does, but it should be your boffs that keep your shield power up high). For your eng boffs, use Emergency Power to Shields 1 and 2, and that will keep your shield power up.