Lt. Commander
So I tested one of my missions Tomak'Tolan in the Foundry Test and it seemed fine, but after publishing and running through it, pathing on my custom maps really got screwed up for boffs and the enemy npcs. After publishing they were falling through the floor and appearing on the opposite side of the map for no reason. I don't know what the heck happened between publishing but apparently something really got screwed up that now the mission and probably others in the series. So much for wanting to use custom maps...
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralMurphy
So I tested one of my missions Tomak'Tolan in the Foundry Test and it seemed fine, but after publishing and running through it, pathing on my custom maps really got screwed up for boffs and the enemy npcs. After publishing they were falling through the floor and appearing on the opposite side of the map for no reason. I don't know what the heck happened between publishing but apparently something really got screwed up that now the mission and probably others in the series. So much for wanting to use custom maps...
Are you building up in the sky on platforms? This seems to happen more on certain assets than others.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-12-2012, 07:43 AM
I am building in the sky not too far off from the actual ground. What's happening is when I shoot at an enemy npc, and they go to move, they transport through the floor randomly one at a time really quickly, to the ground, and so do my boffs. I'm gonna test some of my other missions I just built for this, because I haven't had this happen in my first attempt at building a custom room above the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-12-2012, 07:59 AM
I used to have this happen waaaaay back right after the season 4 blackout. prevented me from publishing a mission for weeks, however, I thought they had fixed it. I will say thought that I did get one person who said in a review that they sunk into a floor on a different mission a few weeks ago. They didn't say which one, but I can only assume it was on the custom map, which was built on a platform about a meter or so off the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralMurphy
I am building in the sky not too far off from the actual ground. What's happening is when I shoot at an enemy npc, and they go to move, they transport through the floor randomly one at a time really quickly, to the ground, and so do my boffs. I'm gonna test some of my other missions I just built for this, because I haven't had this happen in my first attempt at building a custom room above the ground.
Try raising everything up 100 on the Y. I'm curious if that makes a difference. Also set all Ys relative to abolute zero. Maybe the npcs are getting confused by terrain.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Makes me wonder why we havn't seen Empty maps for creating interior map functionality being added to the Foundry. That way we wouldn't have to worry about people or NPCs falling through the ground?

And why the Foundry hasn't been improved where we can't have NPCs reacting through the walls?