Lt. Commander
Just saw this pop up on my fb page and not sure what the story is behind it (apparently it was originally intended to be the enterprise e) but I would LOVE to see this in game.

Allegiance class

Edit: I also would have preferred this being Ent-E than the sovvy class. I always hated the look of the sovvy, especially the saucer - Looks like a nickle that was left on a railroad track. Just to had to throw this in there.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Want.
06-11-2012, 09:24 PM
WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!!!!

Muuuuuch better than the Sovy. I would pay at least 1600 C-pts for that the day it came out!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-11-2012, 09:50 PM
The problem is, CBS doesn't own the design. So Cryptic would have to go through legal channels to arrange for copyrights usage. A much harder road than they had to take to get the rights to use the Vesta, which was a ship shown on the cover of the Destiny series.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
The problem is, CBS doesn't own the design. So Cryptic would have to go through legal channels to arrange for copyrights usage. A much harder road than they had to take to get the rights to use the Vesta, which was a ship shown on the cover of the Destiny series.
Well, the Allegiance does show up in the 2012 Ships of the Line calender. Not sure what that puts its copyrights status at, however.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Nacells are way too big, but its a good start anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
what is that from?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Well, the Allegiance does show up in the 2012 Ships of the Line calender. Not sure what that puts its copyrights status at, however.
CBS doesn't own the Ships of the Line Calander, just like they don't own Star Trek Online. They merely gave approval to use the IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
what is that from?
The first part was the original pre-launch teasers, and the second part with the Alligence was a mod of Bridge Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
CBS doesn't own the Ships of the Line Calander, just like they don't own Star Trek Online. They merely gave approval to use the IP.
Depends on the licensing agreement. You are likely right but the agreement could give CBS the right to use anything original at their discretion.[/quote]
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Yeah i remember seeing this a while ago , personally i LOVE ships like this , that show direct evolution between starship classes

And i hope they could , even if its jus ta skin for the galaxy or something
on another note , do we actually know for definate the cryptic has the right to the vesta or not ? last mention i saw on rademakers blog , they were still in talks , granted this was a while ago