Lt. Commander
# 11
06-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Hmm. Just looks like a sovvy/galaxy mish mash. Not interested sorry!
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
Depends on the licensing agreement. You are likely right but the agreement could give CBS the right to use anything original at their discretion.
[/quote]

If CBS was allowed to use them, then then there wouldn't have been an issue with the Vesta and Rademaker's other ships, Probert's Ambassador, or Drexler's NX-Refit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
And i hope they could , even if its jus ta skin for the galaxy or something
on another note , do we actually know for definate the cryptic has the right to the vesta or not ? last mention i saw on rademakers blog , they were still in talks , granted this was a while ago
Wish I had links, but comments a few weeks ago indicate they do got the rights to the Vesta and other Rademaker's ships. But that's all we know.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-12-2012, 09:27 AM
It's included in a 'ships of the line' video on Drex files, from March this year:

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2012/03/

It's toward the end; warps in with a Borg cube chasing it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Have to aggree with the guy who said its just a mix of the sovy and the galaxy, altough a good lookin one
So i think it would be better as a skin for them for those who have unlocked both the assault cruiser C store skin(or a t5 c store sovy refit if they ever put in such) and the t5 galaxy from c store and it could be used on both Assault Crusier and Galaxy class vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-12-2012, 10:50 AM
That's a really nice ship. Sure it feels weird because it's like a photoshop of the galaxy and the sovereign classes (which, I guess, was its genesis), but it actually keeps those bits I like the most on each one of them. So I'd like to fly it in game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva
That's a really nice ship. Sure it feels weird because it's like a photoshop of the galaxy and the sovereign classes (which, I guess, was its genesis), but it actually keeps those bits I like the most on each one of them. So I'd like to fly it in game.
IKNOWRIGHT????
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Yech, what a fug-ugly design. I hesitate to criticise art because I'm a talentless chump in that regard, but "kitbash" designs like this and the Ambassador just strike me as lazy, in the sense that rather attempt to capture the -feel- of a previous vessel while updating it to a more modern aesthetic as we saw with the Excelsior, the Galaxy, the Sovvy, and the Odyssey, they just bodged together parts from the old ship and the new ship in a vaguely sensible way and called it a night.

Also, not every single "era" of design has to have a direct, gradual, step-by-step evolution, the whole point of the Sovereign was that it was a departure from the Galaxy-era designs, and the Galaxy that it was a departure from the TOS-Movies designs. Throwing in these "missing link" ships detracts from that impact, to my mind. I much prefer seeing previous ships brought into a new design era with a carefully considered refit design, like the Connie Refit or the Venture.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Shouldn't you play with the toys you just got before asking for a new one?
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
Just saw this pop up on my fb page and not sure what the story is behind it (apparently it was originally intended to be the enterprise e) but I would LOVE to see this in game.

Allegiance class

Edit: I also would have preferred this being Ent-E than the sovvy class. I always hated the look of the sovvy, especially the saucer - Looks like a nickle that was left on a railroad track. Just to had to throw this in there.
LOVE this ship too. Thought the "hidden frontier" guys made it... perhaps not. A whole series about it can br found by watching Star Trek Odyssey.
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ds-...8&feature=plcp

Lt. Commander
# 20
06-14-2012, 01:30 PM
I like the design, although I think the Galaxy class has enough variants. It may work as a alt skin for the ambassador class when we get it.

there are a few designs in the SOTL a really like to see in game.