Lt. Commander
# 21
06-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Just chiming in:

It was never meant to be the Enterprise-E.

The guy who built her designed it as a "half-way" study between the Galaxy Class and the Sovereign, well after the final design of the Enterprise-E had been locked down.

And yes, it is indeed in the SOTL Calendar this year. I had it on my wall about two months ago. Check it out:

http://img.trekmovie.com/wp-content/...Interior-4.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I understand the feelings against kit bashes, it didn't feel right to me when I realised I could mix parts from several vessels to create my "unique" own in STO. On the other hand, sometimes you end up with ships so much better looking than the originals that it would be a shame not to recognise them in a more official way. And that is the case with this Allegiance class, at least that's how I feel.

(and also just wanted to make a post to keep this thread alive )
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
Just saw this pop up on my fb page and not sure what the story is behind it (apparently it was originally intended to be the enterprise e) but I would LOVE to see this in game.

Allegiance class

Edit: I also would have preferred this being Ent-E than the sovvy class. I always hated the look of the sovvy, especially the saucer - Looks like a nickle that was left on a railroad track. Just to had to throw this in there.
NO. NO MORE STUPID FAN DESIG-

..heyyyyy, I like this one. Let's have it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva
I understand the feelings against kit bashes, it didn't feel right to me when I realised I could mix parts from several vessels to create my "unique" own in STO. On the other hand, sometimes you end up with ships so much better looking than the originals that it would be a shame not to recognise them in a more official way. And that is the case with this Allegiance class, at least that's how I feel.

(and also just wanted to make a post to keep this thread alive )
The Alliegiance realy isn't a Kitbash because there are no real parts being used, except for the Sovereign's Saucer. The rest is really all original, it just looks like a kitbash since it highly resembles the Galaxy Secondary Hull.

Also theres another ship that was on the Ships of the Line that was a similar concept, but one thats a half-way between the Excelsior and the Ambassaor.

So to me, these morph-kits are actually better than the official kitbashes.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
The Alliegiance realy isn't a Kitbash because there are no real parts being used, except for the Sovereign's Saucer. The rest is really all original, it just looks like a kitbash since it highly resembles the Galaxy Secondary Hull.

Also theres another ship that was on the Ships of the Line that was a similar concept, but one thats a half-way between the Excelsior and the Ambassaor.

I believe you're referring to Tobias Richter's Ambassador rebuild. It's not so much a "halfway", but an original, 'reimagined' take on the Ambassador if it had been build to Andy Probert's original design, as opposed to Rich Sternbach's budget-build for Yesterday's Enterprise.

You can find notes (and additional views) here:

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/...obias-richter/

She's gorgeous. And in my mind, far truer to what Andy Probert designed the ship to be.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
I believe you're referring to Tobias Richter's Ambassador rebuild. It's not so much a "halfway", but an original, 'reimagined' take on the Ambassador if it had been build to Andy Probert's original design, as opposed to Rich Sternbach's budget-build for Yesterday's Enterprise.

She's gorgeous. And in my mind, far truer to what Andy Probert designed the ship to be.
No, I'm talking Dan Uyeno's Balmung-class starship in the SotL Calander (the one on the right).

http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...l_2012_r01.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
No, I'm talking Dan Uyeno's Balmung-class starship in the SotL Calander (the one on the right).

http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...l_2012_r01.jpg
Oooh. My mistake.

She is indeed pretty.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:

Oh, nice, didn't know the tern "kitbash" was so strict, I thought even the prolonged Galaxy nacelles and secondary hull would be considered kitbashed.

Soo, another reason to bring it in game.

Btw, that Balmung ain't bad, but can't compete with the beauty of the Allegiance.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva
Oh, nice, didn't know the tern "kitbash" was so strict, I thought even the prolonged Galaxy nacelles and secondary hull would be considered kitbashed.
To "kitbash" is to take parts from separate model kits (or in this case, separate starships) and combine them exactly as they are into one model or ship. Imagine a Sovereign with Galaxy class nacelles exactly as they are.

The Allegiance class may have parts that look similar to the Galaxy or Sovereign but all the parts are designed and modelled from scratch, specifically for that ship. Sure they were heavily inspired by two other ships but the parts weren't copied over.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak

Andy Probert's Ambassador class star drive is similar to STO's Odyssey class.