I think overhaul is comming with how we get 12

what I think medals need to be is
50 common
100 rare
200 prototype
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-16-2012, 03:02 PM
I was getting burnt out on STFs. I played most of my STFs with groups from a chat channel that went downhill for a while. I leveled up a Klingon alt, did all of those story missions, and focused more on alts. I did the feature episode reruns for both my characters. I've also started doing dailies more so I can get the DIL for the new Armitage.
I basically quit doing STFs, with my Fed, for a month. Now I can do them with my Klingon and not get frustrated.
People are thinking that after season 6 the Mk XII gear with be available for EDC. As I understand it that won't happen until we get different STF sets. I haven't heard anything about new STFs or new STF sets. Maybe that will happen with season 7. Who knows?
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerRay View Post
I rarely do STFs anymore, mainly due to the ill equipped morons I always get when PUGing. They always blow the optional, take all the good loot, completely fail missions, and tend to make me (The one in a cruiser) chase the small ships when I'm better suited for pounding the larger targets. Its bad enough I'm currently stuck as a true F2P since I have no cash to spend, and with the constant failure on NORMAL STFs, my game play is even more limited. I have yet to get any of the MACO or OMEGA items (neither ground or space), the only items I have is the Borg set, and Borg proc weapons (a sniper rifle, two quantum torpedoes, and four beam arrays).
I'm a little curious: if you're sticking with normals, why not just trade EDC for the Mk X/XI stuff? The MACO shields of any grade are a huge step up, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 24 STF Frustration
06-17-2012, 02:07 AM
I must have done around 400 or more space elites. My fellow fleet members decided to make a private STF infected space elite, and thought since we all were seasoned players with ships set up properly, and using Raidcall; we would meet all the objectives and kick some Borg ***. But to our surprise, we noticed that the Borg NPCs were stronger and and spheres were popping out the gate like we never had seen before. We tried twice on two separate instances but could not destroy even one transformer. What the hell type of bull is that? And in all the STFs that I have done, I have NEVER seen a single rare borg tech drop!
This is the type of crap that makes players frustrated and lose interest in the game.I can only hope season six will fix the issues.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-17-2012, 06:35 PM
I honestly don't unstand why so many people can't seem to find prototype/ rare tech drops.

In my bank I have 3 sets of rare tech (mk XI)

I'm keeping those for when the new sets come out.

And I get at least one prototype salvage every couple of days.

Granted, the prototype tech is a lot rarer but since I started playing elites, I have managed to get both sets.

And on many occasions I've seen other team members get them too. So it can't be THAT hard to get....

There are other reasons for the grind too. Mainly dilithium. I manage to grind enough to get 100 C points every week or so. That's a lock box key right there. Or a free shuttle, or 2 sets of Doffs every month.

I say if the optional is met, every team member should get a fair share. I don't want to see one player get all and the others nothing. It's a team effort after all.

That's my only complaint.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Um. You don't understand you were favored by the randomness and others were not?

Seriously, going "I don't see how you all haven't gotten your XII sets yet..." Is just an... uneducated statement IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-18-2012, 08:37 AM
After about successful 100+ Elite space STF's since they were revamped, I guess u can guess the about the answer.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-18-2012, 08:52 AM
I have one character who was so lucky with salvage drops that not only is every ship weapon Mk 12, but every Boff ground weapon and most Boff armor as well. And I have another who STILL does not have a Mk 12 MACO shield.

But I gave up STFs a while ago.

My suggestion: make all drops convertible into EDC, both ways.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-18-2012, 09:10 AM
I gave up early, because I know a bad deal when I see one. I was most motivated to do STFs on my KDF characters for nothing more than more costume options (because KDF costume options SUCK).

Then I decided to just give up on KDF, and, well. Yeah, f that.

I would honestly and truly rather be tasered in the groin once per character to get a set of MK XII than actually play. And I'd take two tasers to the groin to avoid having to do ground STFs -- ground STFs actively make me hate the game and the devs for being the only gate to that gear.

Thankfully, my fed works just fine in MK XI gear and I bought Mercenary costume so he can look all spec ops.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Forgive this, I've ben playing off and on for about 7months now, and have ben seriously doubting the idea that started me on this path. Infact I do not even have one of the really cool super set of things that were all suposed to grind for. I put in about 10000CSP for the Lockboxes for The Gaylor, 1800CSP for the Feringi ship, And 440CSP for the Gamma packs. No Gaylor, 1 Feringi, and 2 yes You read that right 2 of the Bug ship, something I do not use. So One bug just to look at and say Why? and the Other I curse, cause there went My Loto ticket! So I have to shut up now about this games and its stupid chances.