Lt. Commander
# 1 Docking with starbases
06-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Is it me or am i just going crazy and find this utterly wrong in some respect?

When docking with starbase's we beam onto a pad, now in the various films I've seen and series of the trek IP

when docked they walk onto the station via a gantry? why can we not have this built into the game?

It really perplexe's me to be asked to dock only to load screen and beam onto the station????

since when is DOCK... BEAM ME UP?

Cryptic... Branflakes please acknowledge this question/Intreage to why we do not have this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-12-2012, 03:32 PM
I dock with ESD. Fly up to the doors.

edit: You're just afraid of the transporters, aren;t you?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-12-2012, 03:36 PM
It would be nice to "Dock" and have your character appear at the start of the walkway from your ship to the interior ESD. One of the NPC's at the ESD transport room talks about this already. But I doubt Cryptic will invest resources to make this happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-12-2012, 03:42 PM
It certainly would be a neat touch... but it's one of those things people would do a novelty here and there, and most people would just beam right to the main part of the social zone like they already do. It would be a lot of extra work for something people just wouldn't get much use out of.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2012, 10:13 PM
This also bothered me, I'd at the very least like a cut scene and an instanced walkway. At most, an instanced Starbase interior..
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-13-2012, 11:09 PM
An instance window displaying your ship outside of the starship section of ESD would be wonderful. Doubt it can ever be done, but I think it'd be great to see your ship docked inside ESD, and the ship changes if you swap out ships.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2012, 02:20 AM
They wouldn't be able to make it so your individual ship is seen, for the same reason it's the same ship out the window in the ship requisitions.

But, what if it's a circular gantry leading to a generic airlock, and you can see the side of your ship's hull and the airlock, with it coming from the inside of the starbase on the far side from the transporter platform. A spawn point so if you choose the dock option in space, you beam onto the pad, and if you fly into the doors, you spawn at the gantry. And vice versa. If you go through the beam option, it puts you out in space, but if you go via the gantry, your ship spawns coming out of one of the doors.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Maybe there should be two entries on to ESD, one you beam aboard like normal the other your fly in and dock. If you dock you come aboard on a gantry that leads in to a corridor that goes to the shipyard.

That would make sense since the shipyard is located in the top mushroom of ESD where ships dock, while the concourse with all the vendors etc is located in the lower mushroom (IIRC).
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
I dock with ESD. Fly up to the doors.

edit: You're just afraid of the transporters, aren;t you?
Aye, me too! I'd find this game rather lacking if I didn't add in a little personal RPing.

@ grylak:

That's a perfect idea! I really hope we see something like that soon. Mebbe Cryptic is formulating an idea like that in the near future to go along with the Fleet Starbases... one can hope...
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-14-2012, 06:55 PM
This is what you choose to chuckle about?
Every time I leave my bridge view to fly my ship I beam out of my chair. /picarddoublefacepalm
Suspend some disbelief. :p As in "I can't believe this crazy engine was forced to go live so they wouldn't lose the IP license."

Thems the breaks. Life's tough in the MMOnotanium plating business.