Lt. Commander
# 11
06-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Well when I'm in the upper level of the ship yard I'd like to see MORE ships docked. It seems odd to me that there are only 2 ships in there. They could also add a few parked or orbiting the outside of the station like they used to have with the Luna Class. Heck even show a few with some battle damage getting repaired. Maybe a worker bee flying around. This base is the Hub of Starfleet activity yet there are no ships to be seen while you are in it, no activity going on outside. Heck there is more going on at SF Academy.

Hopefully down the road we can get some cut scene or something that shows our ships docking. I can't imagine it would be that difficult for the game to load our ship skins onto a ship that was created for the animation sequence.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-16-2012, 03:52 PM
oh god. please not more tedium in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackynews View Post
This is what you choose to chuckle about?
Every time I leave my bridge view to fly my ship I beam out of my chair. /picarddoublefacepalm
Suspend some disbelief. :p As in "I can't believe this crazy engine was forced to go live so they wouldn't lose the IP license."

Thems the breaks. Life's tough in the MMOnotanium plating business.
LOL i notice that too, I have to beam off my bridge to go to tactical view? Seems a bit silly to me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elis_Grant
LOL i notice that too, I have to beam off my bridge to go to tactical view? Seems a bit silly to me.
The best part of it is, iirc, if you got on your bridge from a ground map, you don't beam off your bridge to go back to the station.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostzephyr
The best part of it is, iirc, if you got on your bridge from a ground map, you don't beam off your bridge to go back to the station.
what really? LOL how dumb. isnt this just something that can easilty be fixed?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Dont really bother me much. Its not an important aspect that alters game play.

Also I recall a couple times in canon on TNG where they used both the gantry airlock walkway AND the transporters while docked in starbase. But for what its worth, that was also a Galaxy class and not say...the Defiant with 50 ppl.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah when a ship is docked only so many people can fit on the Gantry so they still use transporters.