Lt. Commander
# 1 Dreadnaught Loadout, help me?
06-16-2012, 06:39 AM
hi, iv'e been doing alot of pvp recently, i need a good loadout for my galaxy-X dreadnaught
i keep on dying and dying because i have no good boff skills, i have everything shields and energy weapon skills, but i die instantly heres my loadout at the moment.

fore = anti proton dual cannons [acc] [critD] [Borg] x 3 and antiproton dual heavy cannon [acc] [critD] [Borg]
aft = Antiproton array [acc] [critD] [Borg] x 4

shields = assimilated borg shield array (cap = 5,250 regen = 301) (i also have MACO shield XII, Cap = 6.250 regen = 273)
deflector = assimilated deflector array

engineering console =RCS eccelerator XI x 4
Sci console = Shield em-miter amplifier Xi (rare) stealth console (cloak)
Tactical = antiproton mag regulator x 2 assimilated borg console

those who can help- me, i will be very pleased
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Hey there, I'd really recommend you check out this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=249906

It should help a lot. Glad to see you've got an interest in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2012, 09:05 AM
it helped me with boff problem, what about my weapons? are they decent enough?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2012, 09:35 AM
cannons on a ship with only 6 turnrate is kind of useless...you can pimp it a little but i would recomment beam arrays or dual beam banks combined with torpedos...or 8 beam arrays only.

even with 4 cannons in fron, your obvious choice should have been 4 turrets rear.
I think you will need to read alot more cruiser guids to actually get the ship to be anywhere close to usefull.

Alos you must ask yourself the question: What role do i want to play...tank, supporter dmg dealer etc.

if you know exactly what you want you can start to design your ship, Boff layout, and skilltree.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Weapons:
The dreaghnought don't have enought turn rate for load cannons in pvp, no matther how many RCS console u use, none of the fed crusiers have enought turn rate. Try 7xBeam arrays + 1 front torpedo, or 7beams+1 rear tricobalt mine.

Items:
Borg engine + borg deflector + maco shield
Eng consoles: rcs - borg console - neutronium alloy x2
Sci consoles: 2xField Generators. Field emmiters and stealth console are useless. That should give u a big increase in shield capacity
Tactical console: 3xfor energy damage (antiproton mag regulator if u wanna use antiproton)

BOFF:
Ensign Tactical: TT 1
Lt. Tactical: FAW 1, BO 2 (for alpha strike when u uncloak)
Lt. Sci: HE 1 , TSS 2
Lt. Commnader Eng: EPTS I, EPTSW 2 (at lvl6), RSP 1
Commander Eng: EPTS1, ES 1 (for support your team), AuxToSIF 2, DEM 3

TT = Tactical Team, FAW = Fire at Will, BO = Beam Overload, HE = Hazzard Emiters, TSS = Transfer Shield Strenght, EPTS = Emergency power to Shield, EPTW = Emergency power to Weapons, RSP = Rotate shield polarity, ES = Extended Shields, AuxtoSIF = auxiliaryt to structural integrity field, DEM = Direct Energy Modulation

Bind your 3 EPTX powers to the space bar (and the distribute shields), in this secuence. EPTS - EPTW - EPTS, they will chain perfect without coldown. Remember leave EPTW at 6. If u don't know how to do keybinds, read this tutorial: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=192243

DOFF:
3xConn officer for TT Coldown
2xShield Distirbution officer (this will turn brace for impact in a powerfull healing skill)

PLayStyle:
Broadside all time with all your beams using fire at will, use torpedos when u see a target with low shield, or for kill the klingon aceton assimilators
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2012, 09:48 AM
i'd like to be the main tank, and why no science team?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiatedcube
i'd like to be the main tank, and why no science team?
there is such thing as "main tank", a player that just heal himselft is useless, we call it at zombie. I forgot to ask, what are you? (tact, eng or sci)

No sciencie team because it share coldown with Tactical team, tactical team distribute the shield power to the facing that is under attack, is VERY important

I updated my post with the doff list for active space
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2012, 09:55 AM
i am a science officer
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-16-2012, 09:57 AM
lol, sci officer in a dreagnout? i thought you were tactical

The build i gave to u is still usefull even if u are sci, but u should try to get another ship. A sci oddysey or a carrier
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-16-2012, 10:03 AM
in science i thought there were space debuffs for captains abilites, haha. either way, the odyssey scince only ahs more science consoles, thats it, the carrier..im not really fond of the 3 weapons fore and aft, and the fact its turn rate is slow as a cow. dreadnaught, i kinda want becuase it can cloak, has a spinal laser thingy. forgot to mention. what good skill tree should i use? atm its mostly power systems increased