Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
I just ran KASE. I respawn 3 times in the death cone of Donatra. 1 minute of pneality. IT's really unfair. It's bad. Really bad
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't think it's intentional on the part of the Devs, and it is a bit hard to code a specific exception. I didn't think the battle with Donatra started all that close to the spawn point... was your team dragging her too close to it? I will say it's hard to know what the range on that attack is, it's pretty massive.

Most if not all attacks in the game do respect line of sight. Maybe we can lobby the Devs to put some large asteroids around the spawn point to prevent people from being killed immediately after a respawn?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh, wait.

And all this time u never ever did come up with the idea to either wait for respawn or evasive out with full power to engines?

really?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-15-2012, 01:34 PM
You can go back to the PvP forums, kthanxbye.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Stay out of her foward arc/debuff her turn rate and no one should ever die. Really you should be able to chain TBs/Omega 3 part proc/GW/EWP/Theta w/e debuffs you choose to reduce her turnrate. Ask teammates/pugmates to help w/this if needed.

Really the respawn issue is more of an issue of your teammate who was her primary target leading her to the spawn. Use chat/PM to ask whoever she's targeted (you can tell when you click on her) to move away from the spawn point.

Really if it's that bad and you died and no one will lead her away, wait 3 minutes for your timer to reset. Then respawn. If you're nuked at this point your respawn timer should be lower than her ability cooldown.

In short there are many ways to avoid this/deal w/it should it come up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-15-2012, 03:24 PM
you do knoww she is in season six mode right?
so good luck with bad team she is impossible
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2012, 04:10 PM
The fun stuff when she teleports about 15km across the area towards you with her Thelaron weapon primed to shot you with it.
Or when the weapon goes of the instant the green lines show.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2012, 04:10 PM
The death penalty is there so people like you will actually have to learn to play. Accept it and stop whining.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
I just ran KASE. I respawn 3 times in the death cone of Donatra. 1 minute of pneality. IT's really unfair. It's bad. Really bad
I don't like the new respawn timer, but here the solution is simple: use evasive manoeuvres when the donatra became visible and ready to use the death cone.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-16-2012, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
The death penalty is there so people like you will actually have to learn to play. Accept it and stop whining.
Let me explain to you because it seems you're not experienced about KASE.
You die. You respawn. You are not able to choose where you respawn. If you respawn in the death cone at 4 km from Donatra. Evasive maneuver can do nothing for you especially when you drive a big cruiser like a Bortasqu! Respawn in its death cone and you're automaticaly its target. Eventhough you escape its death cone you will be one shoot in any case.