Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-13-2012, 06:34 PM
yeah, my bugship can confirm this after blow up 2 times today, i attacked him with CRF3 full buffed and my ship blow up almost instant ....the damage returned to my was insane, each pulse hits over 3.5k with a 50% shield penetration. (and i was buffed with EPTS I and TSS 2 lol)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88
yeah, my bugship can confirm this after blow up 2 times today, i attacked him with CRF3 full buffed and my ship blow up almost instant ....the damage returned to my was insane, each pulse hits over 3.5k with a 50% shield penetration. (and i was buffed with EPTS I and TSS 2 lol)
Not to mention I think it can also crit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
06-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
Thre are, however, powers that are not buffed by the tactical captain powers, even though they do damage. Charged Particle Burst comes to mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Hey, I already made a thread about this a month ago!!!!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=270206
We only read posts from cool people.

Mustrum "So all the stuff I post is wasted?" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I wonder if the underlying "problem" of STO or the Cryptic Engine is that there is a concept for damage strength, but no concept of "heal strength"? Healing and damage are too entirely seperate things, it's not just a negative sign or something. In TOR, heals can crit, in STO they can't.
Well, in this case it's a matter of "damage strength" instead of "Weapon Strength" and "Sci Strength" and "Eng Strength"


why should go down fighting increase the damage on a gravity well? They're being really really reckless when creating a black hole?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
06-14-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Well, in this case it's a matter of "damage strength" instead of "Weapon Strength" and "Sci Strength" and "Eng Strength"


why should go down fighting increase the damage on a gravity well? They're being really really reckless when creating a black hole?
Well, Cryptic'S Engine knows damage strength, not weapon, science or engineering strength. That's all I can tell you, not being privy to the actual code or data underlying all these things.

Tactical Captains just work better under stress, and can even motivaite their people better under stress. Kirk was clearly a Tactical Captain, the way he pushed Scotty.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
06-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Don't give em any ideas. next we know tac cpt abilities will increase healing as well as dmg. "sry this is how it was always intended to work"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
06-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaavvaahh
Don't give em any ideas. next we know tac cpt abilities will increase healing as well as dmg. "sry this is how it was always intended to work"
Not healing persay.... just the resist values I think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
06-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Oh,noes, feedbacking defiants again...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
06-14-2012, 09:06 AM
this should be fixed ASAP, it have no sense that a tactical can do more damage with sci powers than a sci player lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
06-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Every ship has a "hidden" modifier. At one point, FBP was using this modifier in an inappropriate way. IIRC it was using it twice, once for each ship, upping the return damage. If things are back to insta-gibs I'd wonder if that bug got un-fixed.

Here's Bort on the matter:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=321

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=324
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:55 AM.