Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Career Officer
First off, the Isolinear Puzzle in "Hearts and Minds" is bugged. I solved it (visually) but the green button did not appear. Even after several attempts.

I also got killed during trying the puzzle and respawned in the next room, unable to finish the mission.

When I dropped the mission cause it was so bugged, it put me on the 24 hour cooldown (!), so I won't be able to finish it this time around.

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Captain
# 2
07-13-2012, 03:00 AM
I had this happen to me too (although I didn't drop the actual mission, I just left and reentered Donatu). Basically for some reason, if you respawn too close to the doorway to the next room you'll be thrown in there without being able to get back.

I wouldn't fret too much. The DOff is... very niche at best, pure fluff for most, and the mission itself is extremely underwhelming (I think it's literally all of ten minutes in length).
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Add me to the list with this bug. They should give a warning that there is the ridiculous cooldown as I am sure other people are going to miss out on this DOFF character too by dropping this mission when they see that they can't complete it as that is what the Devs usually say to do when you have a bugged missions
Captain
# 4
07-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Hopefully this will help someone:

It works okay to just leave (tp to ship) and re-enter. As mentioned above don't "drop" it.

Don't die in the room with the two turrets - it will bug out and nothing in the next area will be interactable. If you're a lower level toon and the gas is a bit much, make sure you die in the transporter room.

After getting gassed one or two times, it should let you shoot the terminal as opposed to solving the puzzle.
# 5
07-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Actually walk back to the start then go through the room repass the trigger line and your good
Lieutenant
# 6
07-14-2012, 12:55 AM
you can wear an EV suit and the gas wont kill you while you solve the puzzle
Lieutenant
# 7
07-14-2012, 01:57 AM
Devs you should give a warning when the bugged mission has a 24 HOUR COOLDOWN PERIOD.

I dropped the mission after dying during the puzzle because I respawned in the next room. I thought taht is your advice in bugged missions to abort it and start again.

Well joke is on me for listening to you. After I aborted the mission and tried to restart it I see there is a 24 hour cooldown. HAHA.

Guess I wont be getting any special reward...

Maybe you will fix this before Septemeber Friday 13th 2013 ???

Last edited by bumbleduck; 07-14-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
07-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Keep in mind that you must organize the isolinear chips in the order of Blue, then Green, then White. If you organize the top and bottoms correctly but put them in the order of Green, then Blue, then White, you will not be able to override the system.

Override, where's the override?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-14-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Keep in mind that you must organize the isolinear chips in the order of Blue, then Green, then White. If you organize the top and bottoms correctly but put them in the order of Green, then Blue, then White, you will not be able to override the system.

Override, where's the override?
That doesn't help when you die in the room and it respawns you in the next room after that puzzle. That is what makes this mission impossible to pass if you fail that part and like you Devs usually say to drop a bugged mission and pick it up from the list again, this mission punishes you for dropping it due to this bug with its cooldown so now we miss out of the DOFF and Vulcan Lirpa rewards and cannot try to run this till it appears again on September 13, 2013.
Empire Veteran
# 10
07-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessmuta View Post
That doesn't help when you die in the room and it respawns you in the next room after that puzzle. That is what makes this mission impossible to pass if you fail that part and like you Devs usually say to drop a bugged mission and pick it up from the list again, this mission punishes you for dropping it due to this bug with its cooldown so now we miss out of the DOFF and Vulcan Lirpa rewards and cannot try to run this till it appears again on September 13, 2013.
if only you had some sort of environment suit that would protect you from poison gas, then you could do that puzzle all day...
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus