Lt. Commander
# 1 Infected Early Penalty
06-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Something needs to be done about the penalty levied against you for leaving Infected early. (Which I have never done, and hopefully will never have too.)

The reason I think the penalty needs to be taken away is short:

There is no way to fail Infected.

Meaning that if some players leave the game early the rest of us are screwed until either someone else comes along, or we suck up the penalty.

Other methods you can impose to keep the penalty,

1. Give us a way to fail the mission.

2. Give the team the option to vote to fail.

I run elite STFs on a cool down, and although infected is by far my favorite, it is also the one that I can get stuck in for 30 minutes or more.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Since you can't fail, why are you 'screwed' if someone leaves? You'll finish it eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Since you can't fail, why are you 'screwed' if someone leaves? You'll finish it eventually.
Thats the problem, how long is eventually, my longest Infected run was over an hour, people kept leaving when they saw the state the mission was in. I think only 2 of us stuck out the entire mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Well, if it gets that bad you're better off just leaving and taking the penalty.

I could see a 'unanimous vote to fail' feature, but I doubt it's worth the developer time given how infrequently this must happen. (I've run ISE hundreds of times and never had a serious problem, even with 3 people.)
Lt. Commander
# 5 What are you really ....
06-13-2012, 08:21 AM
What are you really trying to say here OP? The penalty only applies to the first one to leave and if you set it up as a private match you really have no worries.

Not to brag but an hour to do the easiest STF was sooooo long ago when we all were tring to "RE-MASTER" the new version. Now it takes 6-8 minutes minimum and 10-15 on a bad day, a really bad day at that.

IMHO its fine the way it is, learn to STO , Learn to STF and Learn how not to DIE.

PS: Thanks Gozer for the Death Timer, it keeps the learning curve applicable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofallon
What are you really trying to say here OP? The penalty only applies to the first one to leave and if you set it up as a private match you really have no worries.

Not to brag but an hour to do the easiest STF was sooooo long ago when we all were tring to "RE-MASTER" the new version. Now it takes 6-8 minutes minimum and 10-15 on a bad day, a really bad day at that.

IMHO its fine the way it is, learn to STO , Learn to STF and Learn how not to DIE.

PS: Thanks Gozer for the Death Timer, it keeps the learning curve applicable.
I can play an STF just fine, I just can't play infected elite with two people when someone blew the generator earily. I have tried to leave Infected when it was down to two people, I still get the penalty message. I don't play private games, I just PUG (which I know is a risk), with a good team I can take infected down in about 8 minuets. What I am asking for is a way to leave infected if it gets to the point where we are trying to wait for a full team to clean up the mess made by others who don't know what they're doing. I'm trying to be tactiful and not scream about how bad pug'ing is, I'm just saying that we need a safe way out if the mission is lost.

KA, and Cure isn't a problem, if the team is messed up, or someone leaves there is a failed status, letting us leave and join another STF, without a penalty being opposed on all of them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-13-2012, 12:06 PM
It always pops up that message I believe in the public queue. But I've left before and didn't get the penalty (being one of the last to leave)

Also, Ofallon, the OP isn't *****ing about it being too hard. He's saying that if multiple people leave early on, it becomes a chore. So, how are you supposed to "learn to STF" when you only got two people in there? His complaint has ZERO to do with being able to A: play STO with skill, B: doing STFs with skill, or C: dying constantly. (though I'd love to see two people do ISE and not die ever.)
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-13-2012, 02:12 PM
I believe only the first 2 people to leave get the penalty. If this is not the case, then it is not working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
II have tried to leave Infected when it was down to two people, I still get the penalty message.
Whoa, really?
Hmm, I don't think I've ever left a space STF, but I have never seen a penalty for leaving after a team fell apart or whatever on ground. Are they not set up the same?

Heck, last week I volunteered to leave a Cure ground group first after we wiped on the boss for about forty minutes. I got no penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
Whoa, really?
Hmm, I don't think I've ever left a space STF, but I have never seen a penalty for leaving after a team fell apart or whatever on ground. Are they not set up the same?

Heck, last week I volunteered to leave a Cure ground group first after we wiped on the boss for about forty minutes. I got no penalty.
I haven't actually left. I've always stopped when I got the warning message.