Lt. Commander
For about a week now, I have suddenly been unable to see any custom colors on my ship. I bought the Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit and custom colors were working just fine until recently. Now my ship is all grey.

The pattern does seem to be applied, however, but regardless of how many times I pay EC to rest my ship colors (blue and red), nothing happens.

Anyone else have this issue? I asked for GM help in-game but the reply I got was clearly a form generated letter and was absolutely no help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-13-2012, 04:47 PM
do you have shields loaded which alter the look of the ship? - e.g borg, jem hadar, reman etc. if so try going into your ship equipment screen, right click on shield and disable visuals.

also on some material types certain colors don't show up very well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Aaaaah thanks I didn't realize that my MACO shield changed the visuals of my ship. It made it look grey and boring ... I disabled visuals and now I'm back to normal.

Thanks! I feel kinda stupid. Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2012, 02:55 PM
OK now I have a second question: What's with the black textures on my ship? I didn't notice them before, but there are definitely some little black areas that stay that color despite color modifications. Is this a bug?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeywarrior View Post
OK now I have a second question: What's with the black textures on my ship? I didn't notice them before, but there are definitely some little black areas that stay that color despite color modifications. Is this a bug?
Been discussed many times. Without knowing the specific video card you;re running, it;s hard to give an answer. Dropping back to DX9 seems to help though.

You may want to search the forums as I count no less than 11 threads covering black textures but again, without knowing your video card, it;s hard to point you to one specific thread.

i do recall some work though has been done on the problem. They've redone the graphic output on a few of the models.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2012, 03:18 PM
pretty sure tumorboy said they wanted to fix these via some script but that idea fell through so they have to do the fixes manually when they can. essentially it is an issue with how the normals are being displayed by the dx11 engine. what you are seeing isnt actually a texture issue, but the backside of a surface i.e the bit you don't normally see as it is inside a model. you can help them i guess by raising a ticket with a screenshot & description of where you encountered the black areas.