Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Silver Blood.

Seriously. What is this. According to Voyager, Silver Blood is not only capable of replicating a human being from a few seconds of touch, memories and all, but also a fully functioning, warp-capable STARSHIP, with comparable capabilities, as well as it's entire crew, most of which it never came into contact with.... and yet still contain their memories.

Okay sure, Odo can shapeshift based on sight alone, be he can't go warp speed (admittedly that would be hell of a sight to see).

How is it this stuff has not taken over the universe? It did have that weakness to whatever technological gobbledygook that the new warp core did (where'd it even come from?), when you are a sentient lifeform that can replicate OTHER sentient lifeforms complete with memories and weaknesses, and are strong enough to withstand the stresses of faster than light travel, I'm certain you can improvise, or find a fix.

Here we have possibly the scariest creature in Star Trek, aaaaand..... what? We get two episodes with them where they have all these freaky abilities, but a simple warp core screw up bones them all and we never hear from them again. WTF.

It's not like this was the only part of the lightspeed space slurpee that existed. The episode made it look like there could have been lakes or even oceans of the stuff. Surely not all of the silver-blood that encountered the Voyager became it's duplicate, it could of even shared the knowledge with the rest of the Alien Goop and made an entire armada of self sustaining, self healing, shapeshifting, memory stealing, warp capable, weapon replicating, shiny, silvery, space ecto-cooler in a matter of months!

But no..... we get a stupid idea, that with the right writing could've been something terrifying/impressive, but no, we get a stupid idea. DAAAAH!!!!!

<Whew> Okay rant over. Felt good while it lasted though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-13-2012, 04:43 PM
And it's still better than "Threshold".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-13-2012, 04:44 PM
It's all perfectly acceptable and plausible because its in ST:Voyager
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace
Silver Blood.

Seriously. What is this. According to Voyager, Silver Blood is not only capable of replicating a human being from a few seconds of touch, memories and all, but also a fully functioning, warp-capable STARSHIP, with comparable capabilities, as well as it's entire crew, most of which it never came into contact with.... and yet still contain their memories.

Okay sure, Odo can shapeshift based on sight alone, be he can't go warp speed (admittedly that would be hell of a sight to see).

How is it this stuff has not taken over the universe? It did have that weakness to whatever technological gobbledygook that the new warp core did (where'd it even come from?), when you are a sentient lifeform that can replicate OTHER sentient lifeforms complete with memories and weaknesses, and are strong enough to withstand the stresses of faster than light travel, I'm certain you can improvise, or find a fix.

Here we have possibly the scariest creature in Star Trek, aaaaand..... what? We get two episodes with them where they have all these freaky abilities, but a simple warp core screw up bones them all and we never hear from them again. WTF.

It's not like this was the only part of the lightspeed space slurpee that existed. The episode made it look like there could have been lakes or even oceans of the stuff. Surely not all of the silver-blood that encountered the Voyager became it's duplicate, it could of even shared the knowledge with the rest of the Alien Goop and made an entire armada of self sustaining, self healing, shapeshifting, memory stealing, warp capable, weapon replicating, shiny, silvery, space ecto-cooler in a matter of months!

But no..... we get a stupid idea, that with the right writing could've been something terrifying/impressive, but no, we get a stupid idea. DAAAAH!!!!!

<Whew> Okay rant over. Felt good while it lasted though.
This all happened because a second T-1000 that SkyNet sent back from the future an hour later, after the first one was destroyed by the Governator, encountered the same transporter misshap that sent Kirk to the Mirror Universe. This time though, it sent the T-1000 to the Delta Quadrant, where it got lost. J.J. Abrams and Jimmy Cammeron are gonna elaborate on this in a future collaborative effort. I think the T-1000 finds the guys from Avatar, and together they sail the Titanic back to Federation space. Seriously, I try not to pay attention to all the hocus-pocus, and gobbledegook, that was Star Trek Voyager.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace
Here we have possibly the scariest creature in Star Trek, aaaaand..... what? We get two episodes with them where they have all these freaky abilities, but a simple warp core screw up bones them all and we never hear from them again. WTF.
I got the impression that their enhanced warp drive was working perfectly, they just couldn't catch up to the real Voyager before they ran out of time being away from their homeworld too long. I might be wrong, though.

Love to see that in STO, teaming up with a duplicate of your own ship and crew would be a memorable mission.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot-Cancer View Post
And it's still better than "Threshold".
we do not speak of threshold
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Max_Rockatanski
This all happened because a second T-1000 that SkyNet sent back from the future an hour later, after the first one was destroyed by the Governator, encountered the same transporter misshap that sent Kirk to the Mirror Universe. This time though, it sent the T-1000 to the Delta Quadrant, where it got lost. J.J. Abrams and Jimmy Cammeron are gonna elaborate on this in a future collaborative effort. I think the T-1000 finds the guys from Avatar, and together they sail the Titanic back to Federation space. Seriously, I try not to pay attention to all the hocus-pocus, and gobbledegook, that was Star Trek Voyager.
Probably the most logical explanation i've heard of that episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Love to see that in STO, teaming up with a duplicate of your own ship and crew would be a memorable mission.
That would be kind of cool, plus a silverblood boff would be very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplor View Post
we do not speak of threshold
No we do not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I liked the original plan for the Silver Blood.

The teaser with Janeway breaking Mark's neck would have been glorious.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-13-2012, 06:14 PM
It's not THAT big of a difference between it and a founder. When a founder becomes a rock, it IS a rock, to almost any type of scan. It might simply be that the founders never needed or desired to TRY turning into a warp core. That, and we never see multi-founder objects.

This could just be a shapeshifter hive-mind, and the mimicked voyager as a giant cluster of them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate525 View Post
This could just be a shapeshifter hive-mind, and the mimicked voyager as a giant cluster of them.
Isn't the Great Link essentially a hive mind. You know that whole drop and ocean thing.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:47 AM.