Lt. Commander
# 1 The Fed Ui Is Too Blue
05-09-2012, 08:10 AM
I get that NEON PASTEL BLUE is their color and all, but please let us change the color theme of the UI. Having to stare at a screen filled with NEON PASTEL BLUE is not the primary factor that discourages me from playing my fed characters more often but it certainly contributes.
Honestly? Pastels?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I get that NEON PASTEL BLUE is their color and all, but please let us change the color theme of the UI. Having to stare at a screen filled with NEON PASTEL BLUE is not the primary factor that discourages me from playing my fed characters more often but it certainly contributes.
Honestly? Pastels?
You have gone too far. You have married Fester, you have destroyed his spirit, you have taken him from us. All that I could forgive. But Debbie...

that being said. I do honestly think the brightness of the FED blue is assaulting to the eyes. Guess I have just played KDF for so long that im used to the Red. I like the red, but the blue....egh
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Roach, I question the sincerity of this thread. However, if in your honest opinion the Federation User Interface is offensive to you, it just goes further to support the notion that we need the ability for more customization of our Graphical User Interface (GUI).

I wish we had a color pallet to play with in order to customize our UI to our own liking.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-09-2012, 01:11 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCat
You have gone too far. You have married Fester, you have destroyed his spirit, you have taken him from us. All that I could forgive. But Debbie...
lol- loved that movie series and the original TV show

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
Roach, I question the sincerity of this thread.
No, I dislike the bright neon blue. I find it hurts my eyes far more while the red UI of the KDF is soothing to me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Just chiming in, because I can.

There's a reason the military uses red lights when night vision is important. Looking at bright blue in a dark room is much harder on your eyes than looking at red, especially if you are unaccustomed. Science backs this thread up.

Edit: A quick fix could be flipping a light switch and illuminating your surrounding while playing. That way your eyes are ready for it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Honestly? Pastels?
That is entirely amusing, considering how loudly I am thinking that whenever I can bring myself to log on to my Klingon.

Even the missus squirms at how red the KDF interface is whenever she catches it over my shoulder. It's an eyesore. :p

I'll meet you half way: I dislike the blue for one reason - it's not LCARs. And it darn well should be.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I'd rather rig for red than stare at glaring blue all day. My eyes literally fizz with pleasure every time I fire up the KDF

Gets me in the proper mood for raiding and slaving too
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-09-2012, 09:40 PM
No, please leave it as it, and keep the Klingon UI red, maybe with a random strobe effect. This makes the Klingon's more realistic... angry and irritable etc.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-10-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
That is entirely amusing, considering how loudly I am thinking that whenever I can bring myself to log on to my Klingon.

Even the missus squirms at how red the KDF interface is whenever she catches it over my shoulder. It's an eyesore. :p

I'll meet you half way: I dislike the blue for one reason - it's not LCARs. And it darn well should be.
You may find it amusing but the concept is as valid as saying the Red UI of the KDF is an eyesore.
I find the Blue UI painful to look at and it is one reason why I play my fed very little.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-10-2012, 06:51 AM
I advocate compromise. Red+Blue -> Pink! Make it all pink!