Lt. Commander
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224052p1.html

So just had a look at the new Star Trek 2 JJ Abrams movie thats coming out next year apparently. The info is still a little sketchy and if anyone has more news please post.

I see that the villain in Star Trek 2 is rumoured to be Khan played by Benedict Cumberbatch (Kinda skinny to play a genetic superhuman i thought), although it seems to not be based so much on the TOS episode Space seed or indeed Wrath of Khan (One of my personal faves). I know there is a lot of hatred towards these new movies, some like them, and some really do despise them. I for one am gonna bite the bullet and say i enjoyed the latest movie, o.k so some things werenít right ,and i wasnít even too sure about the bridge layout, planets we love went boom, Spock seemed that little bit more emotional than weíre used to . . but over all i thought the actors did a great job at keeping the mannerisms of our heroes really well, and thought the movie breathed life into the franchise and gave it a pulse once more, perhaps a weak one . . but the heart is beating.

Iíve been watching the TOS since i was 5 (The monsters & Aliens seemed a lot scarier then . . lol) and the new movie was a little hard to accept at first, but with anything in this world, things have to evolve to stay fresh and interesting, or they tend to die off. I have to say iíve really warmed to the movie and would like to know if you guys are looking forward, or indeed hate the idea of a new one, what are your thoughts ?

Heck if we do end up hating it, we can always go back to watching the originals on DVD, as they can never be replaced, and will always hold a special place in every fans heart.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenguyver
I see that the villain in Star Trek 2 is rumoured to be Khan played by Benedict Cumberbatch
Simon Pegg has recently debunked that rumor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Yep. Pegg came out and said despite the rumors, it is not Khan. "Wait for the movie.' he said.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Yeah, the Khan bit has been debunked a few times, I wonder why this keeps coming up. I liked the last movie (even when I recognized problems) and I will deffinitely see the next one
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Good old Peggie, been following his career since Spaced . . any news on who is the baddie?

Well i wanted updates, and thats a biggie . . lol.

Thanks muchly
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Good old Peggie, been following his career since Spaced . . any news on who is the baddie?

Well i wanted updates, and thats a biggie . . lol.

Thanks muchly
His career before Spaced is brilliant as well, ever seen him in Big Train
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2012, 09:06 AM
I loved XI when it first came out, I was 17. As I've gotten older and matured, I've just gone right off it, it seems to have no substance but I blame the fact it's by (imo) the 3 worst writers in the industry.
Pine was much better in other things but Quinto is an excellent Vulcan. Still, I'm giving XII a miss. However I hope it does well, for the franchise's sake, if it doesn't Trek might be laid to rest.

I love your closing sentence. Everyone has their own Trek, usually the ones they grew up with and as a 90's kid I got a lot of Trek
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
His career before Spaced is brilliant as well, ever seen him in Big Train
Really, i thought Spaced was his first, thought that was a great series . . i'll have to give big train a look . . thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec
I love your closing sentence. Everyone has their own Trek, usually the ones they grew up with and as a 90's kid I got a lot of Trek
Yeah the 90's got tones of trek alright so i think you have plenty to choose from . . lol, and i'm glad you liked it :-), Personally i'm a TOS and TNG man myself
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-14-2012, 09:24 AM
I hope it's the Khan part alone that's wrong, and not that it's being played by Benedict Cumberbatch. The man is a brilliant, amazing actor.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Yeah the 90's got tones of trek alright so i think you have plenty to choose from . . lol, and i'm glad you liked it :-), Personally i'm a TOS and TNG man myself
It's TNG-ENT for me and the TNG films, but DS9 and VOY are the ones that have that very special place in my heart