Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate525 View Post
I hope it's the Khan part alone that's wrong, and not that it's being played by Benedict Cumberbatch. The man is a brilliant, amazing actor.
Well according to IMDb, he's been cast . . but it doesn't say who he's playing . . or what :-) . . so i think you're in luck there :-)
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Well the one thing known about the villain is he's strong enough to beat up a Vulcan in hand-to-hand and resist a neck pinch.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Aye and aparently we will have klingons in this one - which look like predators (face masks)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90996
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Considering the new movies take place in an alternate time-line they dont really have to be based off of TOS.

More to the point I really enjoy J.J.'s work. Fringe especially xD. Alcatraz not so much.... but I am looking forward to Star Trek 2 as I enjoyed a new spin on the universe from J.J.'s perspective. ^.^
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec
Well the one thing known about the villain is he's strong enough to beat up a Vulcan in hand-to-hand and resist a neck pinch.
Android maybe, we saw them often enough in TOS that they should still be around in the alternate timeline
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec
Sounds like an epic fight between the two . . two beings with super human strength, i wonder how many times stronger a Vulcan is than a human? I've gotta admit . . one of my fave scenes in the first JJ movie, was when Spock kicked those bullies butts in the beginning . . i was in the cinema and actually cheered out loud . . lol. Go on Spock little buddie . . get em ! . . lol
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenguyver
i wonder how many times stronger a Vulcan is than a human?l
3, in the Prime Universe at least
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
Aye and aparently we will have klingons in this one - which look like predators (face masks)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90996
Awesome, thanks for the link, i'll have a read later on . . face masked Klingons . . perhaps JJ doesn't want to address the forehead problem of the TOS v.s TNG . . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTWinters
Android maybe, we saw them often enough in TOS that they should still be around in the alternate timeline
That would be cool to see, brock from "What are little girls made of" :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline45 View Post
Considering the new movies take place in an alternate time-line they dont really have to be based off of TOS.

More to the point I really enjoy J.J.'s work. Fringe especially xD. Alcatraz not so much.... but I am looking forward to Star Trek 2 as I enjoyed a new spin on the universe from J.J.'s perspective. ^.^
True, and i agree . . i'm looking forward to ST2 and apparently like all movies these days it'll be in 3D . . i gotta get me some of that *munches popcorn with phaser fire whizzing past ears*
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the link, i'll have a read later on . . face masked Klingons . . perhaps JJ doesn't want to address the forehead problem of the TOS v.s TNG . . lol [....]

I'm pretty sure that's the reason.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:

True, and i agree . . i'm looking forward to ST2 and apparently like all movies these days it'll be in 3D . . i gotta get me some of that *munches popcorn with phaser fire whizzing past ears*
Hell yea xD