Lt. Commander
# 61
06-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Lr8cdZwHQ

This pretty much outlines the problems, as do the other clips/parts.
I give you the Episode I Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 62
06-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
Wait, you are saying you didn't watch it, yet you are condemning it?
One doesn't need to touch and taste the dog feces on their lawn to know it is fecal matter. One knows it is fecal matter just by looking at it. Just as I don't need to immerse myself in JJTrek to come to the same conclusion.
Lt. Commander
# 63
06-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianalliance View Post
One doesn't need to touch and taste the dog feces on their lawn to know it is fecal matter. One knows it is fecal matter just by looking at it. Just as I don't need to immerse myself in JJTrek to come to the same conclusion.
That is a good one.
Lt. Commander
# 64
06-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
And yet fecal matter has been used as fertilizer for years and still is. If you shun everything outwardly distasteful, you never learn its better properties.

You need not wallow in a movie to develop an informed opinion of it. Merely watching it is usually sufficient.
Lt. Commander
# 65
06-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Vulcan is 2.5 times human strength

Spock ( a hybrid) is about 2 times

JJs spock (a knock off) is about 0.5 times as strong , and 0.5 times as smart
Lt. Commander
# 66
06-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
And yet fecal matter has been used as fertilizer for years and still is. If you shun everything outwardly distasteful, you never learn its better properties.

You need not wallow in a movie to develop an informed opinion of it. Merely watching it is usually sufficient.
Like the fecal matter is re-purposed as fertilizer the JJTrek DVD would make a great coaster.
Lt. Commander
# 67
06-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Like the fecal matter is re-purposed as fertilizer the JJTrek DVD would make a great coaster.
Best reviewed coaster in history. But for someone decrying it as non-Trek, you seem very quick to pre-judge.

If you really believe in the ideals Gene presented, why not at least try to keep a more open mind? At least watch it. Then if you still hate it you can do so on its own merits or lack thereof rather than what you are told by others.
Lt. Commander
# 68
06-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
By this logic, a movie like Star Wars:Episode I The Phantom Menace must be totally awesome because the trailers and commercials make it look fantastic!....

...oh, wait a minute.

Quote:
So every Star Trek incarnation which has come before is an amazing production then, right?
Lt. Commander
# 69
06-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
I give you the Episode I Borg.
The RLM review covers that. The Picard we see at the end of that show is NOT the same Picard we see in First Contact. He goes totally ape**** when it comes to killing Borg, including killing one of his own - hello, that was YOU in the Season 4 premier, captain! - never mind all the violations he and his crew are committing while interacting with 21st century humans. First Contact is riddled full of inconsistencies, errors, and things which make no sense. But it's an action-adventure which is entertaining, so we overlook the problems because we want to...

...in other words, it's a popcorn flick.
Lt. Commander
# 70
06-16-2012, 11:21 AM
I can't wait for Star Trek 2, The reboot was great as far as reboots go. The casting was pretty much spot on, every character met with their TOS counterpart, with the obvious exceptions.. The story was very Trek, yeah I'm not a huge Abrams fan but it was done well regardless of the lens flair. To those that complain that Trek has gone more Action than Sci-Fi, well yeah it has, only because today's audiences need a fast paced show. Compare the old Doctor Who to today's version its definitely faster paced and it needs to be.