Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2012, 03:28 PM
I'd be happy if they just went and released BSG: Blood & Chrome.

as much as I loved star trek - BSG was better... way better

*edit sorry for the slight de-rail just wanted to get that off my chest*
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
I'd be happy if they just went and released BSG: Blood & Chrome.

as much as I loved star trek - BSG was better... way better

*edit sorry for the slight de-rail just wanted to get that off my chest*
I'm also a big BIG fan of BSG, the only thing that i wanted to see was the colonial fleet in full force.. and the galactica fully equiped.

With Blood & Chrome we get just that, and they hold the release for some damn reason.

god i hate syfy
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-15-2012, 06:27 AM
I'm a huge BSG fan too, great cast, great writing and each episode looks like a movie. Loved Caprica too, I don't think it needed a second season I'm quite fond of that flashforward at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-15-2012, 06:35 AM
<starts raging>
I never liked BSG. The first couple seasons were okay, but then it got all super grimdark. It was like the show had a terminal illness or something. I *hate* shows like that. I'm an empathic person. I can't watch a show like that without getting depressed myself.

I have a feeling that BSG had a lot of fans because, frankly, there was just nothing else to watch. It was falling in love with a soccer ball on a deserted island because it was the only option. If the show had run alongside something like Star Trek, I bet it would've lost big time.
<finishes raging>
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Thiraas
Anything that assumed the lolcanon of Enterprise never happened.
I don't get it, you guys can make fun of me all you want but why is some of the things that Ent set up so irritating? What's everyone's problems with things such as the explanation for the Klingon's ridges?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
<starts raging>
I never liked BSG. The first couple seasons were okay, but then it got all super grimdark. It was like the show had a terminal illness or something. I *hate* shows like that. I'm an empathic person. I can't watch a show like that without getting depressed myself.
That's the general point, a good show makes you feel, I was in tears at the finale.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
I don't get it, you guys can make fun of me all you want but why is some of the things that Ent set up so irritating? What's everyone's problems with things such as the explanation for the Klingon's ridges?
People can't handle the fact it was set pre-TOS and better than TOS, a lot of people can't handle all the rest post-TOS and better than TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-15-2012, 09:01 PM
BSG sucks, BSG sucks, BaGaraghaghEHFDSHAAGHAHHGAH!!!!! <Starts frothing at the mouth>

<Ahem> Sorry about that. BSG was just a lot like Lost. After a few episodes I was utterly convinced that they had no idea what they were doing with the show, or what direction they wanted to take it. I then watched the series finale, and i realized that i had missed absolutely nothing.

There is nothing that can convince me that this wasn't how BSG was made.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Time setting: Post Dominion War & Voyager
Setting: Nova-class or Saber-class

I'm not a fan of the idea of prequel movies and series. Star Trek needs to keep moving forward and define the future, not be defined by it.

If it were a Nova-class, something like smaller scale exploration, centered in a specific sector of unexplored space. For a Saber-class, the same, except probably centering more on action & combat oriented missions.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperAgent
How would you like it?
Which timesetting?
24th Century, Dominion War Era (literally set in the thick of the war)

What type of ship?
Civilian, Merchant vessel

Anything you can think of
The show would be CGI based because I don't think the time is right for a live action trek. Furthermore, its focus is centered around family, hard times, sticking together, and through aliens and the setting: learning what it means to be human and why its worth fighting for (vs the Dominion and whatever else).