Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
I'd say Gore Verbinski, Ridley Scott, or Ron Moore.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Joss Whedon?

He does ensemble casts the best, and he can work in humor while still making it a dramatic show. But I am not sure how good he is really with exploration of typical science fiction themes. It would probably also be action- and character-focused. Which aren't bad focuses, but maybe not... "Trek" enough sometimes.

I think JJ didn't make that bad a job either. The problem is that he needs to learn how to avoid writing giant holes. Or rather, care about not writing in such holes. Lense Flare and Shakey Cam all work for me just fine, and so did the characters. I dislike that he had too many plot holes and inconsistencies in ST XI.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Michael Bay!

Always wanted to see a Miranda Class vessel being transformed into a decepticon.

No no,

Christopher Nolan sounds fine to me but JJ does a good job imo.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Me.

I have no experience or training in directing, but as long as I was paid on the same scale as any of those other bums, I could happily retire on the paycheck.

Unfortunately for me (and likely fortunately for the franchise) I don't get to pick
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Uwe Boll

>_>

<_<

:::hides under desk:::
lmao, You crazy turnerboy, I like you, but you're crazy.

you know what's sad? Is I would actually watch an Uwe Boll Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
ST: Horror

Directed by John Carpenter
Writers:
Stephen King
Wes Craven
George Romero

Of Course King would actually play one of the characters
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Uwe Boll

>_>

<_<

:::hides under desk:::
I sure hope you are wearing flame retardant clothing. I think most would agree that Rick Berman and Brannon Braga was the death of Star Trek (pre-JJ Abrams). If Uwe Boll directed a movie, he'd seal the coffin shut for good, and throw away the key. No thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign001 View Post
Michael Bay!

Always wanted to see a Miranda Class vessel being transformed into a decepticon.
don't we all?
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-14-2012, 02:59 PM
I liked Abrams approach, myself. While it is good for the series to be thought provoking, you also have to remember that it's a movie. It's gotta have some action in it, otherwise why not just make it a TV serial? Plus, he just created a new continuity, he needed the entire film to estabhlish the characters introductions, what changed in their backstories, the villain and how he connects to the characters... I think he did good with what he has.

Another director for me would probably be Joss Wheadon, he's done some pretty good Sci-fi, and his brand of techno babble actually makes sense! :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Jonathan Frakes

Peter Jackson

Stephen Moffat

I will accept any of these.