Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-15-2012, 03:03 AM
cant wait to see todays "sorry nothing to report" pvp post
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-15-2012, 03:15 AM
Let's assume weapons check to proc once per firing cycle. Let's assume phasers have a 2.5% proc rate. Let's assume you have an Atrox. Let's assume this Atrox has 6 phaser turrets. Let's assume your Atrox has 2 hangars loaded with Advanced Peregrines. Let's assume each Peregrine has 1 phaser pulse turret and 1 phaser dual cannon. Let's assume you have a grand total of 12 Peregrines out at once. Let's assume you fire all of your phaser turrets at a target once, while each of your 12 Peregrines fire both of their phaser weapons just once at a single target.

So, let's see... 6 phaser turrets, 12 phaser pulse cannons, and 12 phaser dual cannons. One the initial volley that works out to 30 checks to see if you've knocked one of your target's subsystems offline, with a potential of anywhere from 0 procs to 30 procs. Now, given how crippling it is to lose a subsystem, that's a lot of opportunity to deal a crippling blow on the first strike. For fun, if we had a team of 5 Atrox identical to the one above, that'd be 150 checks (each with a 2.5% chance) to see if you've disabled 1 of your target's 4 subsystems. Did I mention this repeats the next time you fire your weapons? So 30 very quickly becomes 60, then 90 and 150 quickly becomes 300, then 450.

+1 for toning down what is currently about as random , and every bit as lethal, as a headsman's axe when it's your neck on the chopping block.

Oh yeah, Chronitons need a counter, too (maybe not Hazard Emitters as it already clears most debuffs, I'd lean more towards Science team).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
06-15-2012, 04:49 AM
I was told yesterday that DStahl plans to remove the subsystem effect from phasers COMPLETELY. Of course he was throwing out teasers in REDALERT so i'd take that with as big a pinch of salt as anything else he says.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Agree,

Especially with the pets able to give procs it's getting silly

Also though for procs in general we need firing cycles brought into line

Cannon's higher fire rate appears to give quite an advanatage over beams and this appears even more pronounced with pets with pulse cannons, point defense etc.

Although I'd like frequency altered and pets excluded from procs I would like to keep phaser procs though as sometimes they are the only chance people have of killing players , stops total invulnerability, always gives some risk .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
06-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 View Post
I was told yesterday that DStahl plans to remove the subsystem effect from phasers COMPLETELY. Of course he was throwing out teasers in REDALERT so i'd take that with as big a pinch of salt as anything else he says.
he deserves a pat on the back then! the proc should be 'nadion effect' you see often when phasers hit they disintegrate exactly what is hits, but then for a second keeps burning and disintegrating more of the hull around it. it could basically be an extra damage to hull like tetryon has an extra damage to shields. plasma would still be different with the dot.

or they could give it the poloron proc, it would be subsystem disable light. maybe have it drain 50 power from 1 subsystem when it procs, and it would only disable if that subsystem had less then 50 power. then polorons could have their canon proc, a chance for a shot to bypass shields. not a bleed like anti proton used to have, just a chance 1 shot would hit hull directly per proc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
06-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenanter
Agree,

Especially with the pets able to give procs it's getting silly

Also though for procs in general we need firing cycles brought into line

Cannon's higher fire rate appears to give quite an advanatage over beams and this appears even more pronounced with pets with pulse cannons, point defense etc.

Although I'd like frequency altered and pets excluded from procs I would like to keep phaser procs though as sometimes they are the only chance people have of killing players , stops total invulnerability, always gives some risk .
Only if all other weapons get a similarly deadly proc. Phaser>all is just stupid.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
06-15-2012, 11:33 AM
I thought I'd try asking nicely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28 Haha
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
Lulz <---- the new Akira is bugged and they fix it today, these and many other issues take months!
Yes, I see your point one PvE map gets a bug and a fix dam near the same day. Kerrat has been broken from the get go and nothing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
06-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
Lulz <---- the new Akira is bugged and they fix it today, these and many other issues take months!
rofl indeed. Its hilarious and funny. Like seriously, gozer cannot take a few minutes or an hour to do some quick fix on this?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
06-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
Well, to be fair, that was as simple as changing a database value.

Stacking resistances on phaser procs are a bit more complicated codewise. Probably relatively simple, but while simplicity scales linearly, the time it takes to do those simple fixes scales exponentially.

...So yeah, it's gonna be a few months.


If I remember at least 1 of those shield bugs with the jem and haxco shields was on tribble for at least a few days then they put it into a regular patch.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 PM.