Lt. Commander
There are many cool features in STO, and many more we would like to see added. However, there is only so much they can do at any given time, so that means they have to prioritize the order in which to do them. That being the case, please select the order you would like to see the following features developed in:

=/\= Development Priority Survey =/\=

Results can be viewed here: *clicky*

For clarification, here is how you read the results: whichever feature has the highest % in the 1st column is the 1st most popular choice. Whichever feature has the highest % in each proceeding column is the next most popular choice, excluding any features that have already "won" in previous columns.

After completing the survey, please share your preferred order and any other comments you have. If a specific feature you would like to see added to the game is not on the list, please select "other" and be sure to mention what that feature is in your reply

PS: apparently Zoomerang only allows up to 100 respondents on free surveys. That being the case, I have decided to subscribe for 1 month(which cost $20). The subscription ends on 7/15, afterwich no further responds will count. So on 7/15 I will close the survey and post the results in the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2012, 09:28 PM
New costumes: Take a look at my sig. Should be a given.

New STFs: Endgame is yawnsicles. Need more stuff to do.

New sectors and zones: Same as above.

New species: there are so many i want to see (and no way to "Alien" them either )

New FE series: Again, more stuff to do, maybe even more items/story/other shinys.

New ships: Never get tired of these things.

New PvP content/updates: Make it more fun/worthwhile. We're supposed to be at war. Let us feel like it.

Bug fixes: Please.

Foundry updates: Give those guys keeping this game fun more stuff! Possibly even rewards too. Possibly even make the good ones part of the story.

Other: I'd like DS9 to look more... DS9y

KDF content: Not a priority, but give me something worth killing.

New factions: Not interested.

Mobile App: I do not own a smart phone, and won't be getting one anytime soon. I'll pass.

Crafting revamp: Eh, it's not that terrible, I've seen far, FAR worse.... Only improvement i want is adding more/better craftable items.

New minigames: No offense to Tomasthecat, but I hate Mario Party for a REASON.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
There are many cool features in STO, and many more we would like to see added. However, there is only so much they can do at any given time, so that means they have to prioritize the order in which to do them. That being the case, please set the order you would like to see the following features developed in:

=/\= Development Priority Survey =/\=

Results can be viewed here: *clicky*

Afterwards, please share your preferred order and any other comments you have

For clarification, here is how you read the results: whichever feature has the highest % in the 1st column is the 1st most popular choice. Whichever feature has the highest % in each proceeding column is the next most popular choice, excluding any features that have already "won" in previous columns.

PS: if a specific feature you would like to see added to the game is not on the list, please select "other" and be sure to mention what that feature is in your reply!
Great Survey!
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Tough one Nagus.

I put Other as first. I think STO is badly in need of two things. Dynamic engaging content and some life in the universe. With luck they could both go together. Something like a territory control system might help alleviate the issue.

Right now the game is heavily instanced, which makes everything feel inconsequential. Soon we will all be going to the same starbases in the same space sectors through the same doors.

Maybe I can't articulate exactly what I want from a system design standpoint, but I want character's actions and choices to have some impact and I want the server to be an interesting place to exist.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2012, 10:07 PM
I voted.... (in the following order)...

Sectors & Zones
New FE's
Bug Fixes
New Factions
New Species
New Ships
Crafting Revamp
New Mini-games
Foundry Updates
New STF's
KDF Content
New Costumes
New PVP
Mobile App
Other
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Awesome survey Nagus. I think if Cryptic has some data like this right in front of them, it'll help them "set a course"

I really think KDF content needs to be up at the top (along with bug fixes). I heard heretic say that part of the reason KDF ships don't go in the c-store is because they don't sell well. Why don't they sell well? Not enough players. Why not enough players? Not enough content. I think it'd be wise for Crpytic to make the first move, build some missions for the KDF lower-levels and that will get more players to be more enthusiastic about playing over there, and therefore buying more c-store stuff. I think it's a win-win for both Cryptic and the players. We get content, Cryptic gets revenue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Great Survey!
If you think it's that great, have it stickied onto the Launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
KDF is number 1 at the moment...

Interesting... wonder if it will stay there... ? ...
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
KDF is number 1 at the moment...

Interesting... wonder if it will stay there... ? ...
Didn't even make it over to the right column of my list.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Actually, at this time New FE Series has 30 total votes and KDF content has 27. Looks like KDF did not make several people's lists.

I did vote based on what I believe will make the game a better experience for all, not what I wanted most. I'm a realist, not a narcissistic. I recognize adding a Romulan faction tomorrow will not breath lasting life into STO.