Lt. Commander
# 1 Premade PVP?
06-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Im getting bored with this game, pugs are getting worse its often a case of shooting down the guys who cant tank faster vs the other guy on that team shooting down your pugs faster when pugging, I don't mean to offend anyone its just the way it is between those and afk players sitting in spawn or premade "skilled" teams with 5 aceton assimilators that frankly a pug would never beat.

So my rant about pugging you all know it suck.. where are the premade fleets is there anyone who want to fight?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Im getting bored with this game, pugs are getting worse its often a case of shooting down the guys who cant tank faster vs the other guy on that team shooting down your pugs faster when pugging, I don't mean to offend anyone its just the way it is between those and afk players sitting in spawn or premade "skilled" teams with 5 aceton assimilators that frankly a pug would never beat.

So my rant about pugging you all know it suck.. where are the premade fleets is there anyone who want to fight?
I'm not sure exactly what some of this is exactly but I do know what it means. It means you're not happy with pugging. See? I can "get" other people!

There's a thread on this very page for you to find PVP fleets! Maybe you'll find a halfway decent one that will take you in and show you the ropes!

I kid! I kid! Really who would take you? Can you change your handle?

No no I'm being serious now. Honest. Here goes. PUGS are awful. Like you say you have the akf's, you have the gimmicky premades, or a HUGE experience gap between those players that are trying to give it an honest go. There aren't very many PUG matches that are the right level of challenging.

Is this something a ladder would help with? Is there even enough of a player base to have a matchmaking system? I do not know.

But beam over to my ready room Zorena and we can watch Gladiator and drink diet cokes!

Did i mention I have a puppy?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena

Meh! Frankly Iíve been so disgusted with the game that I donít even bother logging in other than to assign my Duty Officers some missions to continue ranking them up. Fight you say though? Why bother with the horrific balance and bugs in this game? I mean, I have to click EPTS skill four to six times to get it to activate, and this happens rather often enough to enrage me. Nah, Iíll PVP in a game that is more stable and better balanced for now until some real change comes to STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM
we are in sad times, i prefer nothing but high game pvp but never have 5 people on when tsi is on. we need a plyaers club, or some kind of "premade gathering" system, to get people together to play the good pvp teams out there when they are ready to go. I for one will happily join any pugmade or big pvp game at any time. ask in opvp gl hf
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-15-2012, 01:00 PM
The problem is not only that there are only a few PvP players playing this game, another problem is; Nobody seems to be willing to form fleets. It seems that its arrogance and attitude above teamplay and making the game fun.

Thats what I think about it. Too much whining, too much griefing, too much hate, and as a result 90% of the PvP'ers just refuse to form alliances etc. Nor do they ever come online and talk to each other etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
The problem is not only that there are only a few PvP players playing this game, another problem is; Nobody seems to be willing to form fleets. It seems that its arrogance and attitude above teamplay and making the game fun.

Thats what I think about it. Too much whining, too much griefing, too much hate, and as a result 90% of the PvP'ers just refuse to form alliances etc. Nor do they ever come online and talk to each other etc.
Seriously, I seem to see a lot of "Why don't you pugs make a fleet" statements from premade players. It's not arrogance, at least I don't think so: I know I'm mediocre at this game. Like, I want to login after work and play 2-3 matches and then leave. That's the amount of investment I want to make in this game. Beyond that and I stop having fun and start working. Of course the consequence is that when pandas/tsi/et cetera are on the opposing side, I lose. Because those people have made a much (MUCH) larger investment of time.

I don't really see this as an issue, just sort of an easily foreseeable cause and effect. It's really a problem that wouldn't be near so bad if there were more than a frigg'n dozen people in the queues at a time. >_>
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2012, 02:29 PM
playing the same missions over and over canot be any kind of endgame content.

if you do not wish to play the same things over and over, because the game is actually that small, then pvp is your endgame.

if you do enjoy the game at VA....why not spend some time just getting better at pvp. we are still at a point where skill trumps gear, but that time is quickly fading.

and ask some panda cubs. it takes no longer than a week or 2 on vent with us and your right in there kicking noob nacells.

besides, all we do is have fun and kill bad guys!

-horizon
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2012, 02:41 PM
You know I'd love to be in a fleet where I could log in, go "hey I want to support someone in pvp, who wants to tag along" and people actually respond even if its "**** you, you suck, go suicide to klinks and there stupid p2w".
Though I can't seem to really find that, mostly people seem more interested in STF's, leveling, and just having random fun, and frankly theres nothing wrong with that but I'd like to pvp but casually.

I play on weekends, and maybe an hour or two on weekdays, I don't play consistently enough to really fit into the hardkore fleets for pvp like panda's, tsi, or whoever else even if they would take me (which apparently they are too cool to take anyone new anyhow).
Most other fleets might aswell be pugs in alot of cases, sure theres a decent player here or there, but I'm not about to try to poach random decent members from a variety of fleets just so I can have fun on the weekend, and even then our entire venture would still be getting its *** demolished by true premades...

Its not about learning, gear, or anything else. Its the simple fact casuals have no place in pvp right now besides "go be a good little target and struggle more so I can enjoy your suffering!" for the leets.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
You know I'd love to be in a fleet where I could log in, go "hey I want to support someone in pvp, who wants to tag along" and people actually respond even if its "**** you, you suck, go suicide to klinks and there stupid p2w".
Though I can't seem to really find that, mostly people seem more interested in STF's, leveling, and just having random fun, and frankly theres nothing wrong with that but I'd like to pvp but casually.

I play on weekends, and maybe an hour or two on weekdays, I don't play consistently enough to really fit into the hardkore fleets for pvp like panda's, tsi, or whoever else even if they would take me (which apparently they are too cool to take anyone new anyhow).
Most other fleets might aswell be pugs in alot of cases, sure theres a decent player here or there, but I'm not about to try to poach random decent members from a variety of fleets just so I can have fun on the weekend, and even then our entire venture would still be getting its *** demolished by true premades...

Its not about learning, gear, or anything else. Its the simple fact casuals have no place in pvp right now besides "go be a good little target and struggle more so I can enjoy your suffering!" for the leets.
sorry you have had that experience man, i really am. this is exactly what we are trying to not do with panda cubs.

we got to a point with sad pandas where we are just overflowing with talent. and actually...we havent ran a "premade" in months. people just bring whatever they are in at the time. we stf a lot. we tribble a lot. we try and get past level 9 of that no win scenario thingy.

but really, its just about having fun. and testing builds. helping eachother out. anyone can join, casual to hardcore. we host an open ventrillo for anyone who can be mature and hang out with people who like trek and gaming. its that easy.

pm @CaptainHorizon in game for a better pvp experience. a lot of people get hooked.

have fun kill bad guys
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2012, 08:21 PM
A big problem I have found with trying to get premades together to fight Sad Pandas and TSI (which I have done alot of, moreso with Sad Pandas as I'm sure Damian can attest to!) is the simple fact that people don't like to lose. I could play the Sad Pandas 100 times in a row going 0-15 them and as long as I was learning something I would enjoy it greatly, but the great majority of STO pvp players seem to get disheartened by a loss and don't want to fight again. I, personally, cannot stand PUGing it's far too boring/easy but it seems many find it more enjoyable then going 0-15 against a premade for the simple reason that they will win, no matter the quality of the fight .
I have been gone for a month or so but I'm back now so hopefully I can rally people for some more pugmade vs Pandas/TSI matches!
Another way to address this is to put on events as I know you have done at least once Zorena, where everyone gets on Panda or TSI vent and the teams are divided across fleet lines to create fair teams so the matches aren't 0-15, this keeps people interested and doesn't let them get disheartened! I've seen this sort of event been done a few times and it was wildly successful and enjoyable for all so I would love to see more of it!