Lt. Commander
# 1 Kar-Fi inquiry
06-15-2012, 01:16 PM
I enjoy commanding my B'rel . I think it's a respectable science platform and it's a blast to have the conn but I was thinking it would be nice to try a dedicated science platform

I read the Kar-Fi entry in the c-store and I'm a bit confused. There is an aux bump and the Command chair is science but I didn't see any mention of the science sensor suite. Is this an omission on the listing or was it considered too over the top to have a science vessel with hangar bays when it was unveiled?

My other questions concern the phasing device. What does it do and does it have any utility?

I'm aware of the Gorn fleet vessel but I prefer play with tac as second player and find engineering pretty dull (regardless of whether it works well or not ).

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-15-2012, 02:54 PM
It doesn't have Sci ship analysis ability. The phase console basically makes you immune to damage for 10 sec. The ability require some power in aux to use. It can't be used if your under a debuff which would prevent cloaking. If you're playing w/a Tac you could have a long GDF buff w/phase console/RSP chain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks for replying. The captain is actually a science officer although having a Boff LCdr and Lt on board is looking nice. Might you have any suggestions under those circumstances?