Lt. Commander
# 1 Eject warp core
03-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Not sure where this goes sorry if in wrong forum or been suggested before.
New commander level engineer skill. "Eject warp core"
its in the show and i think would be cool the ability to eject our warp cores, the ability ejects the core and after a short time it explodes in a large radius moderate AOE dammage explosion.
as a negative side effect you lose a base ammount of system power acrosst the board for say 15 to 30 secs

what do you guys think
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Nice, but make it a parting shot move like abandon ship. Your chief engineer may be able to break the laws of physics but I doubt he could replicate a brand new warp core
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2012, 03:00 PM
This power should automatically make you session change to ESD (towed there by another ship) where your current ship will be unavailable to undock for 1 hour while a new warp core is installed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I think in many ships on the MSD we had "secondary warpcores".
So if we would make it a consumable only 1 per character (buyable at ESD) that could kind of work...^^
We could do that only ones witjout going to ESD and buying a new one. Could be a device.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Still, from TNG onward, when they actually needed to eject the Warp Core, how many times were the Warp Core Ejectors off-line?!?!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Still, from TNG onward, when they actually needed to eject the Warp Core, how many times were the Warp Core Ejectors off-line?!?!
Yeah, thats true.
Still I'd like to have that (just like ANY function regulary used in star trek) as a feature of some use in the game. Can't imagine any other way how to get in this one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Or simply replace Abandon Ship with Eject Warp Core and have it do what Abandon Ship was supposed to do.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
Or simply replace Abandon Ship with Eject Warp Core and have it do what Abandon Ship was supposed to do.
I'd flip it so that the warp core does the explosion, but your ship does not. There have been times where a player would blow up and do dmg to their own teammates.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2012, 10:44 AM
should lose all energy weapons, full impulse, emergency power to shields and most buffing abilities, but still be able to fire torps and move around on limited impulse.

then we could all sit outside your firing range and laugh at the fact that you'll be mostly useless until we kill you.

you'd be like the "none shall pass" guy on monty python after "king arthur" cut off his arms and legs.

"come back here, I'll bite your leg off"

sounds like good times for everyone else, not sure it would benefit you at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurt21
should lose all energy weapons, full impulse, emergency power to shields and most buffing abilities, but still be able to fire torps and move around on limited impulse.

then we could all sit outside your firing range and laugh at the fact that you'll be mostly useless until we kill you.

you'd be like the "none shall pass" guy on monty python after "king arthur" cut off his arms and legs.

"come back here, I'll bite your leg off"

sounds like good times for everyone else, not sure it would benefit you at all.
The fact that it has been done within canon many times is a good enough reason to be able to use it.

At least when all else is lost this could be a last ditched attempt to defeat your enemy.