Career Officer
# 101
06-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devgozer View Post
Thanks for the feedback folks. I don't think there will be a new PvP update thread for this week. For now I'll just post another question for you in this thread.

If you had to pick one of these two options Option (A), or Option (B), what would you choose?

Option (A)

A PvP system that was primarily made for level capped players, basically a end game activity.

Option (B)

A PvP system that could be used as an alternative path for leveling new characters.

Please don't read into this question. I'm not saying that a PvP system can't do both things, I'm just trying to get a feel for what you would prefer IF you had to choose between the two.
Personally, option A as in addition to other benefits (like always having more people tp queue overall) - IMO it would be easier to balance.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Commander
# 102
06-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I really like option A. We need a strong endgame focus right now besides there are already lots of quick ways to level a toon and given the rate that we level option B wouldn't be used for very long for any one toon if it were actually useful for ranking up.
Commander
# 103
06-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Great!

I choose option A but there needs to be some lessening of the learning curve at max level.

How about some input about what else has been not discussed in the last 4 weeks?
Career Officer
# 104
06-23-2012, 01:22 AM
I think option A though I think it should be possible to level to 50 by pvp as well.
Lt. Commander
# 105
06-23-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Option (A)

A PvP system that was primarily made for level capped players, basically a end game activity.
I'd go with A for a simple reason:

All these per-character unlocks, lottery boxes and grind-heavy gear that have been introduced lately make it unfeasible to maintain more than one character at peak performance and thus I have no desire to level further characters.
Also it is more fun to play with a group of friends which only makes really sense as a stable group at level cap.

Back when the game wasn't so grindy and lockbox-heavy, I used to enjoy leveling via PVP though.
Career Officer
# 106
06-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
I'd go with A for a simple reason:

All these per-character unlocks, lottery boxes and grind-heavy gear that have been introduced lately make it unfeasible to maintain more than one character at peak performance and thus I have no desire to level further characters.
Also it is more fun to play with a group of friends which only makes really sense as a stable group at level cap.

Back when the game wasn't so grindy and lockbox-heavy, I used to enjoy leveling via PVP though.
This is exactly it. I have over a dozen alts. They used to all be PvP worthy. Now two of them are. And that's just because the system's team made my sci/sci worthless and I didn't feel like buying a respec.

The more skill based and less gear based, the better. Don't fail like TOR by making this a gear based skill-less shell of a game.

Oh, and definitely option A.
Commander
# 107
06-23-2012, 06:47 AM
A, by all means.

Playing pvp should be possible from 5 to 50 as it is now, but it is sufficient to balance the abilities for level 50, and trust that to provide satisfactory balance in the lower levels.
Captain
# 108
06-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Option A. The only argument for B would be to develop player experience as they level up. But, such little time is needed to be spent to get to max level there's no reason to invest in lower tier PvP. On the otherhand if Cryptic want's to drag out the leveling process then lower level PvP would become of more importance.
Rihannsu
# 109
06-23-2012, 07:39 AM
i have no idea where this question is going, but A......
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 110
06-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback folks. I don't think there will be a new PvP update thread for this week. For now I'll just post another question for you in this thread.

If you had to pick one of these two options Option (A), or Option (B), what would you choose?

Option (A)

Option (B)

A PvP system that could be used as an alternative path for leveling new characters.

Please don't read into this question. I'm not saying that a PvP system can't do both things, I'm just trying to get a feel for what you would prefer IF you had to choose between the two.
I'd pick option A since people need something to look forward to when they reach max level.

Also, pvp is a leveling path currently and has been since the launch of this game so just focus on option A

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here