Starfleet Veteran
# 111
06-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Option A makes sence, however, wasn't the entire point of the PvP system to be option B for the KDF faction, if option B can be achieved and allow the KDF faction to start from lvl 1 then I'd much rather prefer that for the attraction and retention of KDF players. That said it is very easy to level to 50, so yeah, option A does make sence, but I'd love to see a PvP system that is more intregrated into the gameplay and not simply a system strapped onto the game.

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 112
06-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devgozer View Post
If you had to pick one of these two options Option (A), or Option (B), what would you choose?

Option (A)

A PvP system that was primarily made for level capped players, basically a end game activity.

Option (B)

A PvP system that could be used as an alternative path for leveling new characters.

Please don't read into this question. I'm not saying that a PvP system can't do both things, I'm just trying to get a feel for what you would prefer IF you had to choose between the two.
Option B definitely. A 20-minute match in PVP, should award 50% of the equivalent of completing a 40-minute PVE (episode).

Would love to see new maps have a hard cap in terms of time limit, and a visible indicator on completion status of various objectives. For example the "capture control point" style map, not having any visual indicator other than the color of the "fleet" logo. Would like to see actual DURATION, for how long it takes to complete such a take-over.
Lieutenant
# 113
06-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Honestly, other than the free-for-all at Ker'rat, nothing. If it wasn't for the daily grind for dilithium, I wouldn't bother to step foot in another PvP area, at least as they stand now.

Of all the ones I've run for daily grind, only one has been a fairly evenly matched group of opponents. All the others were way unbalanced with one team being way to over-powered.
Empire Veteran
# 114
06-24-2012, 05:46 PM
I like the versatility of rewards. With dilithium and credits, I can buy whatever I like. The energy credit reward isn't a big incentive though, it's pretty small. I'd like to see some of the PvE drops in pvp too, it might be a good incentive.

Edit : Option A. Levelling with PVP is silly. It would make the game a pvp oriented one. And most of the current players are here because we all enjoy PvE. What's the point of changing that ?

Last edited by diogene0; 06-24-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Commander
# 115
06-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Where exactly was it suggested that PvP would be the only means of leveling? It sounded like B was about PvP as an alternative to PvE, not a replacement.
Captain
# 116
06-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Obviously I'd like both, but as I have to choose between the two, the answer is easy - (A)

The level cap has the most populated and active PvP queue, while it can take ages for a match to pop at lower levels. Also since you can effectively level in 24 hours of gameplay, you'll burn through the lower levels, sometimes having only having one PvP match per rank.

So yes, (A) certainly.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Career Officer
# 117
06-25-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devgozer View Post
Option (A).
I like what we have, where we can do both, just with too few players in the lower queues. If forced to chose, I'd say option A.

I think there should be a way to combine low and high level PvP. After all you have the tech to let lowbies match level in PvE. Ofc in PvP, the level matching would have to give the lowbies a even bigger boost to everything to weigh up for lacking boff abilities... Or you could, after level matching PvE style, let one or two lowbies enter each team in a lvl50 match. Just as long as it's balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
I'm kind of confused about something; I understand a new PvP system is being developed. But on a scale of say, 1-5, what stage of development is it currently in? 1? 0.5?
It's in the "does anyone know what's happening in this part of the server? There's a few players doing something to each other over there! " stage.
Lt. Commander
# 118
06-25-2012, 05:59 AM
I prefer Option A.

Thats how most games I play are. You start off doing the missions/campaign/PvE, then once you know the basics, enjoyed the story, geared up, you move on to the dynamics of player vs player.

Thats the mentality I had with this game from the start.

I dont see Option B as being another choice, why cant pvp give you a decent amount of experience anyways?
Lieutenant
# 119
06-25-2012, 08:32 AM
As regards the two options, neither one on a personal level. You would probably get more traction with option A though. Character leveling should be left out of it.
Rihannsu
# 120
06-26-2012, 06:40 AM
A

B would be nice to have too but low feds are NEVER going to PVP that much it would matter..