06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
I want Option A
Captain
# 122
06-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleon22 View Post
I want Option A
Oops, too late. Gozer's leaving... so who knows which option we get? Maybe the next person to take over PvP (if there even is a person) will toss out everything from this thread.
Lieutenant
# 123
06-27-2012, 10:48 AM
I like pvp part of the time as its fun and sometimes balanced. For example i just got a t5 science vessel and just for kicks i went into a pvp space arena game without adding any counsels. The only actual change i made to the ship was adding the Aegis set and i did really well. A 6:1 ratio. In fact the match was really balanced both teams were tied till my team pulled ahead really fast when each team had ten points. I how ever have a suggestion for changing pvp. How about a ship tier pvp system where people play in ships of a specific tier with a mark limit on the counsels and weapons that can be used. I think this would work because now people will spend time to build up thier ships and in many cases a lot of tier four ships are very powerful but people dont play them or they cant at the tier five level because they cant compete. With this system it would make it so that a level 45 player would be able to play with a level 15 player with each of them in the same tier ship.
Rihannsu
# 124
07-01-2012, 01:56 AM
bye bye weekly update, it was fun while it lasted
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lieutenant
# 125
07-01-2012, 03:43 PM
wow if you thought cryptic wasnt mediocre before, this exemplifies it. DC universe is doing great an adding stuff fast as hell to the game.

people at cryptic have smelled the coffee and are bailing while they have job offers. There is going to be no meaningful pvp in this game. Season 8, maybe as soon as 7 will not see the light of day.

Gozer is no big loss though since his missions and content design were horrible. The stfs were bad and buggy forever and remained in that state.

Can you imagine a company that every time you ask them about something the reply is that its not on the schedule? Or we don't have resources for that? Just what does Cryptic have resources for?

IMO you don't do this IP justice an if you really love st gaming you would relinquish the license and let someone develop a true ST game.

On the plus side, whoever is assigned to take over pvp development will post yet another new thread asking for suggestions.

Just burn it already. Kill it before it procreates.
Banned
# 126
07-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin1500 View Post
Gozer is no big loss though since his missions and content design were horrible. The stfs were bad and buggy forever and remained in that state.
That's not fair, he was quite good, thanks to him STFs became an end-game activity for the masses, when before they required a 2 hours commitment by five experienced players, and finally imho he had great ideas for PvP.
The only bad thing in recent events is that he's leaving and his ideas will never be implemented by another programmer.
Career Officer
# 127
07-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescos77 View Post
That's not fair, he was quite good, thanks to him STFs became an end-game activity for the masses, when before they required a 2 hours commitment by five experienced players, and finally imho he had great ideas for PvP.
The only bad thing in recent events is that he's leaving and his ideas will never be implemented by another programmer.
so your saying he turned a raid like event that actually took effort and skill to complete..... got turned into easy breezy 15 minute or less missions.... is considered "end game"?

uhh....

did i miss something?

dont get me wrong, i also like how the set up for the redone stfs are but not that they butchered the old raid style mission to make them into these missions that any experianced team can do way too quickly....
Rihannsu
# 128
07-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
so your saying he turned a raid like event that actually took effort and skill to complete..... got turned into easy breezy 15 minute or less missions.... is considered "end game"?

uhh....

did i miss something?

dont get me wrong, i also like how the set up for the redone stfs are but not that they butchered the old raid style mission to make them into these missions that any experianced team can do way too quickly....
history of pvp, no more bunny rabbit pvp
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 07-02-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 129
07-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
history of pvp, no more bunny rabbit pvp
Hmm. Looking at the past two posts - what would be the appropriate Muppet for me?
Career Officer
# 130
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
Hmm. Looking at the past two posts - what would be the appropriate Muppet for me?
take your pick. that what we all pretty much did.