Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Thanks for the SotG post dstahl. I really do appreciate it.

While I'm burned out on STO's ever increasing set of "systems" versus lack of "story", I can appreciate that there are other players in the game that have been asking for more Fleet "features." Knowing the next-next season (7) is intended to be dedicated to story advancement, I'll step back, and take no umbrage at having "nothing to do" at this time.

Please make Season 7 worth the wait.



[End of Line]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 122
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I have to say - if what I read in that State of the Game article comes to pass, I think I'll be enjoying the game a lot more. That said, with the unfortunate history of big promises and sudden shifts in direction of the past; I'll wait to see if what was promised for Season 6 is ultimately delivered without any excuses, etc.

I'm really NOT trying to give DStahl or the STO team a hard time per se; and I like that the answers and leaks across the board are more focused on what's coming in the near term and what's actually being worked on by the team - BUT, I need to see some concrete additions in line with what was promised (IE 'actual actions' as it were) before I start getting too excited.

That said, what's been pushed to Tribble is definitely in line woith what Dan's been saying of late, so that's a good start. I AM happy to see Dev communication and interaction with the community continuing; and I hope this type of communication (letting us know what's coming near term and what's actually being worked on) continues.

To Dan and th team - Please DO keep coming up with your 'pie in the sky' stuff that you want to add to STO; but, just don't let it out of the bag before it's actually being worked on and has a 90+% chance of making it into the game. (Which is the way you guys seem to be communicating now - a welcome change.)

Again, if what Dan says in the blog comes to pass befpre the end of the year, I'll be a happier camper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 123
06-17-2012, 01:11 PM
DStahl - seems nice, lets see how it works out. Thank you for honest words.

I am not a fleet girl, so ill pass on that grind, but ill be here waiting for season7, new STF's and stories, PVP and new KDF ships.
I would also LOVE a word about a romulan faction - will it EVER come?

and GOD THANK YOU for a new enemy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 124
06-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I do not know why people complaining about lock boxes. Just ignore that stuff and play the game. Don't spend any money on them and all is cool. I am playing sto 4 1/2 months and I do not mind. They are anoying sometimes but game is better. Tnx and sorry for my English.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 125
06-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misoratkovac
I do not know why people complaining about lock boxes. Just ignore that stuff and play the game. Don't spend any money on them and all is cool.
Or you could take your own advice and just "ignore" the people who are complaining, then "all is cool". I guess its harder to just ignore things that are right in your face than you think it is, huh?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 126
06-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4pt41nk4ng4r00
Or you could take your own advice and just "ignore" the people who are complaining, then "all is cool". I guess its harder to just ignore things that are right in your face than you think it is, huh?
Except that the complaints are nonsensical. You don't have to pick them up. It doesn't make any sense at all to rage about them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 127
06-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
Except that the complaints are nonsensical. You don't have to pick them up. It doesn't make any sense at all to rage about them.
What is nonsensical to one person may make perfect sense to another. Also, there is not nearly as much "rage" as you imply. The vast majority of posts on the forum are fairly reasonable in nature with the minority being over the top. Just because you may disagree with something does not make it "rage".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 128
06-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What is nonsensical to one person may make perfect sense to another. Also, there is not nearly as much "rage" as you imply. The vast majority of posts on the forum are fairly reasonable in nature with the minority being over the top. Just because you may disagree with something does not make it "rage".
I have not seen any reasonable complaints about the lockboxes. Just lots of over the top "Cryptic is breaking the law, are evil, are stealing,I am never playing till they are gone rants about them.
Which makes no sense as no one is forced to pick them up or open them. it's ENTIRELY voluntary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 129
06-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
I have not seen any reasonable complaints about the lockboxes. Just lots of over the top "Cryptic is breaking the law, are evil, are stealing,I am never playing till they are gone rants about them.
Which makes no sense as no one is forced to pick them up or open them. it's ENTIRELY voluntary.
Then you are probably simply ignoring them because they do not support the point you are trying to make. In fact I'll challenge you to pick a thread regarding the lock boxes and we'll compare the number of reasonable posts(even if you disagree with them) vs "rage".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 130 RE lockboxes
06-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
While most of the article sounded great, this didn't:



I stopped playing because of lockboxes, and if they're not going away, I doubt I'm coming back. Very disappointing, tbh, as I was hoping there would be an announcement about them being done away with. I hope the community here continues to voice their disdain for these dreadful cash grab lottery boxes and forces Cryptic to remove them permanently.
I don't mind lockboxes if there is an equal chance of a Key being dropped
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 PM.